Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Old May 17, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
You need to do like my husband did. Drink enough so that when I walk in to his Suite I can tell all the booze he'd had by the smell.
As a teetotaller, never tried it, but is there a limit on the number of glasses/bottles of Krug SQ staff will serve you? or will they keep on pouring as long as the PAX asks for more?
Old May 17, 2016, 5:25 pm

Programs: points traveller
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
As a teetotaller, never tried it, but is there a limit on the number of glasses/bottles of Krug SQ staff will serve you? or will they keep on pouring as long as the PAX asks for more?
i think they load 6 of each per flight. but i would expect it depends on flight route
Old May 18, 2016, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
I was offered non alcoholic mocktails which I didn't really want but the FA was wanting to impress and obviously didn't think I'd be happy with just a soft drink. They were lovely though. She trotted off to make a second one with a different variation.

Whilst my husband didn't have 3 bottles of Krug he was given everything he wanted.... from Krug, Scotch, Red wine to Cognac. He said he never had to ask for another drink the FA's were there in anticipation of him needing another drink. He said there was never a time when he was actually waiting.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum; Marriott Titanium Elite; Hertz President's Circle
Two BTC options FRA-JFK in Suites. One will definitely be the Boston Lobster Thermidor and thinking one of the following:

Suckling pig with beer sauce
Filet of Veal
Beef filet
(Gasp) Lobster thermidor again!

Any recent experience on pig/veal/beef out of FRA?
Old Jun 10, 2016, 6:44 am

any recommendations for first class
SFO-HKG-SIN-BOM?
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:21 pm

How far in advance is one able to select their BTC meals? I just booked my ticket and it is not available for choosing of meals from the BTC Menu for SQ12
Old Jun 13, 2016, 5:29 am

Programs: American Advantage, Kris Flyer
Waffles

Any feedback on whether to order the warm waffles with strawberry coulis for breakfast on SQ 231? I've found two pictures on trip reports and the waffles look tiny!
Old Jun 13, 2016, 6:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
Originally Posted by zarzuela
Any feedback on whether to order the warm waffles with strawberry coulis for breakfast on SQ 231? I've found two pictures on trip reports and the waffles look tiny!
It is tiny. I had it once and the IFS even proactively offered a second breakfast as he himself said it probably was not enough. Basically 2 mini palm size waffles and a dollop of berry sauce. Flavour was fine though.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 2:53 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by kaiotes
How far in advance is one able to select their BTC meals? I just booked my ticket and it is not available for choosing of meals from the BTC Menu for SQ12
In my experience it becomes available about 6 months in advance.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Thanks for the advice. I actually booked the burger as I've had a throat operation and need to eat soft meat. I can't eat bread at the moment so will bypass the bun! I'm not a huge meal eater so maybe a small miserable looking meat patty will be right up my alley! It will remind me of my own cooking at home
Burger was crap. I also had the duck stir fry.. that was very tasty and tender.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 10:20 am

Burger was crap. I also had the duck stir fry.. that was very tasty and tender.
I've had a bad experience on BTC before, around 8 months ago I didn't touch it after first bite. The FA saw I wasn't happy so offered me something from the regular menu instead.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:09 am

I'm not clear what BTC really is. I initially thought it would allow me to make custom meals, but when I choose it on the SQ website, it just gives me a list of items to choose from. How is this different than ordering off a regular ("standard") menu?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:31 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I'm not clear what BTC really is. I initially thought it would allow me to make custom meals, but when I choose it on the SQ website, it just gives me a list of items to choose from. How is this different than ordering off a regular ("standard") menu?
A dedicated master chef who has at least 5 michelin stars prepares each and every dish from scratch. It is served on plates of solid gold and accompanied by your choice of gold leaf or white truffle. Served with the finest champagne in pure 300 carat diamond flutes. Then a your choice of a mariachi band or full orchestra provides the backdrop music while you eat with utensils carved from white jade.

Its either that or it just gives you a chance to get exactly what you want from a larger selection of better food. Some dishes are quite famous here like the lobster, satay, or laksa.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 1:06 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
It sounds like you thought that BTC was something far more elaborate than it is. It is simply a way to guarantee a meal choice and to select from a wider variety of options than is offered onboard. If you look at the menus departing Singapore in particular, you will see that you have vastly more choice than you would ever get from the onboard menu, and indeed it comes pretty close to anything you might come up with if you were able to design your own custom onboard menu.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by bgriff
It sounds like you thought that BTC was something far more elaborate than it is. It is simply a way to guarantee a meal choice and to select from a wider variety of options than is offered onboard. If you look at the menus departing Singapore in particular, you will see that you have vastly more choice than you would ever get from the onboard menu, and indeed it comes pretty close to anything you might come up with if you were able to design your own custom onboard menu.
Depending on route, IMO the choices off the regular menu are better then anything on BTC. The one BTC option I love is the rack of lamb. Unfortunately it's not offered on either sector of SQ 15 so out of 3 meals (L,D,D), I will usually order one BTC meal & choose the other 2 from the menu. I don't like lobster Thermadour, if I did I would order that as everyone says it's good

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.