Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Old Dec 11, 2005, 5:45 am

Completely agree with jjpb3 on NOT to have the Lobster Thermidor. My last encounter with at ex LHR was a creamy cheesy sauce ontop of lobster pieces and the accompanying asparagus was off.

On a more positive note :

I had 'fried fillet of monkfish in baked beetroot & horseradish butter, potato and celeriac mash' on my ex LHR trip in late Nov 05. Let me describe it:-

The monkfish portion was the size just nice (fist size), moist and succulent. The flavours of baked beetroot & horseradish butter nicely complemented the rich potato and celeriac mash. Surprisingly to me, from the presentation, I thought it was potato wedges but actually a mash shaped into potato wedges. Very nice indeed; presentation wise and complementary mixture of flavours. Rated 9/10. ^ :-:
Old Dec 11, 2005, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone have a list for F Class Book the Cook Option for SQ322 SIN-LHR? I'll be on this flight in February.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
Anyone have a list for F Class Book the Cook Option for SQ322 SIN-LHR? I'll be on this flight in February.
You'll be spoiled for choice.
Here is the link for SQ website.

You can always request for their tiny A6 booklet size brochure listing all the BTC options from the different SQ stations. Comes with nice pictures too. ^
Old Dec 11, 2005, 6:18 pm

Programs: Singapore Airlines PPS Club, Hilton HHonors
I'll be having Thai Curry Fish Balls Stuffed With Prawns, Served with Pork next weekend. That certainly sounds good, but is it really good?

Loony
Old Dec 12, 2005, 6:28 am

Yup, had that on SQ318 SIN-LHR F.

Portion size for the 'Thai Curry Fish Balls Stuffed With Prawns, Served with Pork' is really huge, considering you have all the rest before the main course. The fish ball comes in a bowl with curry of course. Then on another plate is the stir fried pork with rice.

My advice is to skip the other courses prior to this one, obviously not the satay ....unless you're really hungry.

Is it really nice? Well, one man's meat another man's poison... Personally, I gave it 7/10.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by SQFAN
You'll be spoiled for choice.
Here is the link for SQ website.

You can always request for their tiny A6 booklet size brochure listing all the BTC options from the different SQ stations. Comes with nice pictures too. ^
Nice pictures indeed, but from my last experience they can differ quite a bit from the real thing. Specifically the Gyu-Don I had on yesterdays flight SIN-FRA had nothing to do with the picture and turned out as just an absolutely undefinable and tasteless sauce with some rice. Simply awful!
Old Dec 12, 2005, 5:23 pm

Programs: QR Plat
I'm doing FRA-JFK next monday in Ruffles. The online menu didnt show much that sent me lusting for it, but then, I have no idea what the meal menu on the flight shows either. Does anyone have either the meny or any comment on the BTC choices?

-A
Old Dec 12, 2005, 5:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Check out the SQ C menu thread
Old Dec 12, 2005, 7:19 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Check out the SQ C menu thread
I did, the closest I found was JFK-FRA, and I'm going *to* the colonies
Old Dec 12, 2005, 9:03 pm

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Originally Posted by ulev
Nice pictures indeed, but from my last experience they can differ quite a bit from the real thing. Specifically the Gyu-Don I had on yesterdays flight SIN-FRA had nothing to do with the picture and turned out as just an absolutely undefinable and tasteless sauce with some rice. Simply awful!
I have learnt to be very suspicious of any beef items on any airline menus.
I try not to order them as they are usually Beef a la Rubber in reality.
In case I have missed it: no airlines have yet brought Kobe beef onto their F menus, right?
Old Dec 12, 2005, 9:17 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

I had beef the other day (trying to remember which flight) and it was quite rare and not at all rubbery.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:08 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
I had beef the other day (trying to remember which flight) and it was quite rare and not at all rubbery.
Was that on SQ? I'm also kind of leery of beef on planes. Usually it's overcooked and dry.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:19 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Yes on SQ.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:21 pm

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
For me, maybe except for the braised kind which are *sometimes* okay.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:47 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Yes on SQ.
Mhmm. Was it a BTC dish or off the regular menu? On F?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.