7 hours in SIN airport

Old Aug 27, 2005, 9:25 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, MH Enrich
XBox/Internet

There are about 5 XBox terminals and quite a few Internet terminals with webcam and microphone for audio/video chat via MSN Messenger and Yahoo Messenger next to the 24 hour minimart in Terminal 2.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1P
Originally Posted by Rich_C
PL? (sorry - remember... I'm a newbie!)

- RC
I imagine that he was referring to Priceline .
Old Aug 28, 2005, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Rich_C
Is PP well respected? I haven't heard of then, so I just wanted to make sure that they're totally legit.
Priority Pass is very legit and I have frequently used it in the days when I travelled in Y as they give access to lounges around the world. Having said that, I have recently found it useful when flying on SQ F. SQ lounge in KUL is really lousy - in terms of food, size and no internet access. I walked in looked around and then walked out and then went next door to the Premium Plaza lounge on my PP card where the lounge was triple the size with better food options and loads of free internet terminals to while away the time.

If you are on SQ2 to SFO that stops in HKG, the Premium Plaza lounge is right beside SQ F lounge again. SQ F is normally full when SQ2 arrives so it can be rather crowed for its size. Premium Plaza is larger and caters to more people. Mind you it stop over in HKG is short so lounge access is not really that important.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 8:28 am

Recently I spent 10 hours in SIN. I arrived on the morning EWR-SIN flight. I did not have a booking for the Transit Hotel. But the check in clerk told me that I could be accomodated if I waited for 2-3 hours. Instead I chose to use the showers and the exercise facility. It has a small "pool", sauna a few treadmills. I think it was about US$11. I I took the subway in to town. They have a Singapore hopper tourist bus ( US$3 if you flew in by SQ). The bus makes a loop of the popular tourist stops. It was a very pleasant day in Singapore. Time really flew.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KenJohn
Mind you it stop over in HKG is short so lounge access is not really that important.
For the brief 1hr 10 min stopover in HKG, I wouldn't even bother making a dash to the SKL there. The facility is rather cramped and food selections rather poor. The only aspect of the lounge I can find are the shower facilities. But then again with only 70 minutes to spare, you would have to be in a mad rush to go from gate, into the lounge, shower as quickly as you can, redress, and rush back to the gate. Not worth it IMO for a brief layover.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Thanks for all of your valuable input.

On the way through SIN I ventured into the city via train and did some sightseeing. The logistics were easier than anticipated.

On my way back through SIN I stayed at the Premium Plaza (thanks to this board!) and had a little nap, shower, and some food.

Overall, it was a pleasant trip.

Thanks again,

Rich
Old Aug 29, 2005, 5:13 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
For the brief 1hr 10 min stopover in HKG, I wouldn't even bother making a dash to the SKL there. The facility is rather cramped and food selections rather poor. The only aspect of the lounge I can find are the shower facilities. But then again with only 70 minutes to spare, you would have to be in a mad rush to go from gate, into the lounge, shower as quickly as you can, redress, and rush back to the gate. Not worth it IMO for a brief layover.
I always try and take a shower, no matter how short the stay is because my skin dries up during flight. Feel much refreshed afterwards

But Rejuvenated is right, SKL in HKG is very ordinary
Old Aug 29, 2005, 5:19 am

If you have a few hours after your tour, I suggest going to the rooftop pool. Its very cheap and very refreshing before you go on on a long-haul flight.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 5:50 am

I wanted to try out the pool but it was raining in SIN, so I thought better of it. Anyone tried it and care to share their experience?
Old Aug 29, 2005, 7:52 am

Programs: Krisflyer Silver
The swimming pool is currently undergoing renovation and will be back in operation by (hopefully) end September...

J777
Old Aug 29, 2005, 5:30 pm

Seems like alot of Changi's peripheral facilities are undergoing renovation. I remember the transit hotels are being renovated at present too.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 8:11 pm

1.yes there are free sightsee tours (even incl a soft drink, for free too) route seems to depend on season and wheather [clearly, in Xmas time you cannot escape the Orchard lightings), but I think theyre only in the AFternoon, thus beyond your time.
There is also plenty of (stand up) FREEinternet at many places.
As above tells, its nearly a lounge in itself, and even airside prices are quite reasonable, though not cheap. Note however the difference between the SQ side at T2 and the ''others'' at T1.
There is also a very effective (this is SIN0 METRO=Subway into town, this asks for coins and there is a refundable 1 SI$ deposit on the tokens. Runs so precise on time that you can make the most of your time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.