Search

Krisflyer promo miles for signing up

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2005, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: some
Krisflyer promo miles for signing up

Hi,

I am about to sign up for Krisflyer (mainly for purchasing upgrades). Two questions:

1) Are there any current promotions that give you (additional) points for signing up?

2) Is the only way to activate my account by flying? I am planning on earning points through a credit card. Will that not work if I have not done at least one flight?

Many thanks for your replies
Old Feb 17, 2005, 7:54 am

Programs: PPS Club
ucan get more info at www.singaporeair.com

1) not sure

2) u need not fly to earn Krisflyer miles. u can start to accumulate miles thru credit card spending.

Originally Posted by Fliar
Hi,

I am about to sign up for Krisflyer (mainly for purchasing upgrades). Two questions:

1) Are there any current promotions that give you (additional) points for signing up?

2) Is the only way to activate my account by flying? I am planning on earning points through a credit card. Will that not work if I have not done at least one flight?

Old Feb 17, 2005, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks lowwol - I did have a look on SQ's website and they don't currently list any promotions. However, that is not to say there aren't any. Some are country specific for example.

It's good to know that I can start earning through a cc. I couldn't find that info on their website.

Upgrades here I come!
Old Feb 17, 2005, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
www.krisflyer.com ....
check it
Old Feb 17, 2005, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paffendorf
www.krisflyer.com ....
check it
I am probably deaf, dumb, and blind but I don't see the answers to my questions on the KF website. I see this:

PROMOTIONS

Win up to 375,000 miles when you check in online

Earn miles when you invest with Credit Suisse Privilege in Hong Kong

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card - The fastest way to earn KrisFlyer miles

KrisFlyer Partner Offers

SIA Boarding Pass Privileges

But that doesn't show any special promotions for signing up. Please enlighten me
Old Feb 18, 2005, 2:11 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Hi,

I am about to sign up for Krisflyer (mainly for purchasing upgrades).
one question , how do you want to purchase upgrades ?
Or do you mean, you earn miles purchasing produkts with you cc and then take this points for upgrades.
bert
Old Feb 18, 2005, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bertheike
one question , how do you want to purchase upgrades ?
Or do you mean, you earn miles purchasing produkts with you cc and then take this points for upgrades.
bert
Yes, that's right. AMEX here in NZ lets you transfer your points to SQ. I would then like to use those to purchase C-F upgrades.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 3:17 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Air New Zealand
I like fliar am using Amex to collect air points. I have enrolled but have not traveled on SQ. Can I transfer my Amex points to Krisflyer and use them to purchase a ticket on SQ without having paid for an SQ flight? If so how do I go about achieving the qualifing transaction? Thanks
Old Jan 24, 2006, 4:27 pm

Yes, that's right. AMEX here in NZ lets you transfer your points to SQ. I would then like to use those to purchase C-F upgrades.
I, like a number of other UK-based KrisFlyer members, am envious.
Originally Posted by kurahaupo
I like fliar am using Amex to collect air points. I have enrolled but have not traveled on SQ. Can I transfer my Amex points to Krisflyer and use them to purchase a ticket on SQ without having paid for an SQ flight?
You should be able to, as long as the miles have posted to your KrisFlyer account. The only thing is, IIRC, you won't get the KrisFlyer card until you've flown a certain number of miles on SQ or a partner airline. (I may have misread that condition, and maybe the condition is that you have to have earned a certain number of miles.)

Fliar, promotions are usually country-specific and seasonal, so you'll have to check the website for the latest that apply to you.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 7:17 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
You can get a KF number without ever flying, just that they won't send you a physical card without miles in your account. It probably doesn't matter whether you have a card or not when redeeming an award.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 8:41 pm

Programs: Singapore Airlines PPS Club, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by fimo
You can get a KF number without ever flying, just that they won't send you a physical card without miles in your account. It probably doesn't matter whether you have a card or not when redeeming an award.
SIA used to send out physical cards when you registered yourselves -- I got a temporary, paper card last year. The real, plastic one came after the first qualifying flight. However, the airline has since stopped that practice, and now asks you to print the card out yourself, in line with the practice adopted by other carriers.

Loony
Old Feb 12, 2007, 8:34 pm

I realised that this may be thad too old. But instead of having to create another similar thread...Are there any promo codes for new signup? Like MAS there was free points like 2500 and chance to be wining a Silver membership just by signing up.

So is there any promo code for new members of Kris Flyer?

Thankss
Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:03 pm

Programs: SQ PPS
Originally Posted by valkry
I realised that this may be thad too old. But instead of having to create another similar thread...Are there any promo codes for new signup? Like MAS there was free points like 2500 and chance to be wining a Silver membership just by signing up.

So is there any promo code for new members of Kris Flyer?

Thankss
Nope or not that I know of any. But KF AMEX CC gives u a promotion of 5K miles for activation.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 1:51 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by fimo
You can get a KF number without ever flying, just that they won't send you a physical card without miles in your account.
what about that: I have no KF miles, but some pps sectors on my account. Do I receive the card? Or only once I achieve PPS?
Old Feb 14, 2007, 9:55 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Only once you achieve PPS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.