FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Is SQ322 SIN LHR always so full ? (03Feb) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/393918-sq322-sin-lhr-always-so-full-03feb.html)

Belgian in Paris Jan 26, 2005 11:55 pm

Is SQ322 SIN LHR always so full ? (03Feb)

Hi

I will be in that flight (I am in A class) :

F0 P0 A0 Z0 C0 J0 D0 S0 Y9 E0 B0 M0 W0 H0 Q0 N0 V0 L0 K0

03 Feb 2005

is it always so full ? It must be oversold...

DoctorWu Jan 27, 2005 12:58 am

Originally Posted by Belgian in Paris
Hi

03 Feb 2005

In my experience SQ322 tends to be the most sardine-packed of the 3 daily SIN-LHR flights. If you prefer a less crowded cabin, SQ318 (the 9am flight) and SQ320 (the lunchtime flight) are better bets. One of my friends is an SQ crew member and she once had only 50 passengers in the entire economy cabin on SQ318.

Anyway at least you're in A class (I presume that's First Class?)... ;)

Keithl Jan 27, 2005 1:04 am

You have 2 things going against you there. 1st as DoctorWu already pointed out and the 2nd is that its the start of the CNY break where most people are going away.

But at least you got your seat. ^

Hideyuki Jan 27, 2005 4:43 am

Originally Posted by DoctorWu
In my experience SQ322 tends to be the most sardine-packed of the 3 daily SIN-LHR flights. If you prefer a less crowded cabin, SQ318 (the 9am flight) and SQ320 (the lunchtime flight) are better bets. One of my friends is an SQ crew member and she once had only 50 passengers in the entire economy cabin on SQ318.

Anyway at least you're in A class (I presume that's First Class?)... ;)

I have reserved F class ticket issued by AC's award SIN~LHR three times. But SQ322 is always very crowd, because a lot of Aussie and New Zealander use this flight. Europe~Asia~Australia route is called kangaroo route, SQ322 is most convenience for Aussie and New Zealander.
I wonder SQ doesn't set First class and Raffles class awards on SQ 322 and SQ221(SIN→SYD) for FFP(except Kris Flyer).
I reserve SQ320 anytime I fly SIN~LHR. Because I think SQ320 is not so crowd as other SIN~LHR's routes and SQ320's meal is Lunch and Dinner, their meals are volume very much :D

wheresmybagba Jan 27, 2005 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Belgian in Paris
Hi

03 Feb 2005

From what I'm told the SQ322 is the busiest flight on SQ's network because it connects with the BNE/MEL/SYD flights and maybe New Zealand flights too. Because its the longest sector on the Aus-UK route I think most people prefer it as its an overnight flight.

MAN Flyer Jan 27, 2005 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Hideyuki
But SQ322 is always very crowd, because a lot of Aussie and New Zealander use this flight. Europe~Asia~Australia route is called kangaroo route, SQ322 is most convenience for Aussie and New Zealander.

You tend to find one or two Brits on these flights as well ;) .

Kiwi Flyer Jan 27, 2005 10:56 am

Yup its the only flight on SQ that avoids overnight stop in SIN from AKL and CHC too. Every time I have been on the evening SIN-LHR or SIN-FRA flights they are packed.

Belgian in Paris Jan 27, 2005 3:02 pm

In fact I fly be flying from SYD...with SQ 222 and then connect with SQ322.

At least I hope that they don't oversold First

Thanks

Rejuvenated Jan 27, 2005 3:58 pm

Also very difficult to secure rewards on SQ322. When I claimed my J reward few weeks back, I was only allowed to claim it on the second flight to LHR and not the night one (Couldn't make it on the morning flight either b/c I'm originating from HKG with no available connection for that). As another replier have said, this flight carriers large numbers of pax who have just connected from Aussie/New Zealand origins. Since no nonstop service is available between the UK/Europe & Australia/New Zealand, SQ, CX, and TG have become so popular for those who travel between these two continents.

I for one prefer the daytime flight to LHR over the nighttime as it is so much easier to cope with the jet lag. So I was happy that my choice was given to the daytime instead of the night flight.

Rejuvenated Jan 27, 2005 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Every time I have been on the evening SIN-LHR or SIN-FRA flights they are packed.

The fact that the night SIN-FRA is packed is because it continues to JFK, so in essence SQ is service two lucrative markets on one flight.

CGK Jan 27, 2005 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
You tend to find one or two Brits on these flights as well ;) .

One or two Indonesian as well. :D
Yup, this SQ322 in F is always full. But as QPPS, it seems that I always got my A or D class cleared within 72 hours after booking eventhough the availability showed F0 A0 J0 C0 D0.

CGK Jan 27, 2005 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Hideyuki
I reserve SQ320 anytime I fly SIN~LHR. Because I think SQ320 is not so crowd as other SIN~LHR's routes and SQ320's meal is Lunch and Dinner, their meals are volume very much :D

I agree. Actually I prefer SQ320, which I did recently. The lunch and dinner services were great. It was rather full though, 2 seats only were empty. When I took SQ322 last time, the flight arrived earlier. Thus before 5:30 am, and I felt like a zombie waiting for my connecting flight at 8am.

MAN Flyer Jan 28, 2005 3:07 am

Originally Posted by CGK
One or two Indonesian as well. :D
Yup, this SQ322 in F is always full. But as QPPS, it seems that I always got my A or D class cleared within 72 hours after booking eventhough the availability showed F0 A0 J0 C0 D0.

That will be that magic (and much maligned) SQ PITA Card you have :D

CGK Jan 28, 2005 8:43 am

Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
That will be that magic (and much maligned) SQ PITA Card you have :D

Actually it's the magic of being SQ PITB ;) :p These magics work so many times, for example for a full flight on SQ26 SIN-FRA. But did not work one time trying to fly in C SIN-JKT Sunday after 4pm onward when all Indonesian had a long weekend trip to Singapore.

MAN Flyer Jan 28, 2005 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by CGK
Actually it's the magic of being SQ PITB ;) :p These magics work so many times, for example for a full flight on SQ26 SIN-FRA. But did not work one time trying to fly in C SIN-JKT Sunday after 4pm onward when all Indonesian had a long weekend trip to Singapore.

Similar here. I don't have anything like the 'pull' you (deservedly) have but in the last 12 months I have swapped flights on a CRTWSTAR1 to at least 3 that were zero'd out for D (and C/J). Thinking 'last throw of the dice' it's worth asking my 'top mate' in Northern English parlance (can't think of anything else that does her justice) in UK and ; voila, cleared the following day :D .

This is where this 'pointless/overated' PPS status really earns it's corn ^ .