Wiki Posts
Search

new full flat biz class

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2001, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

new full flat biz class

Hi all,
Ever since the announcement of SQ's new full flat (but not horizontal) Raffles Class seat, there's been nothing but silence. If I recall correctly, they were supposed to be launched on SIN-LHR last month. Has anyone had the opportunity to see them./ try them out?
Old Dec 8, 2001, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
It's due sometime this month.... for London-Singapore-Sydney run. Slightly tweaked J class service too. No news on exact flight run.
Old Dec 8, 2001, 4:30 am
Original Poster

thanks GB,
i'm heading up to SFO next week. was kinda hoping that it would have expanded to either SIN-SFO or SIN-LAX by now.
Old Dec 8, 2001, 11:13 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
GB-- was the 'new' Raffles Class going to be introduced only for 2 class service or are the changes being introduced systemwide?
Old Dec 9, 2001, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Spacebeds - (new SQ J class) will be introduced on B744 3 class aircrafts only initially.
Old Dec 9, 2001, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

The initial programme is to install the Spacebeds in 744s and (two class) 777ERs.
Old Dec 10, 2001, 5:41 pm

Does anyone know the regs. of the aircraft that have the SpaceBeds on board and are they on the upper deck as well? I'm flying SQ319 LHR/SIN then SQ002 SIN/HKG this Wednesday. Many thanks!

[This message has been edited by nsherin (edited 12-10-2001).]
Old Dec 10, 2001, 6:18 pm

Location: SYD: Fly and fly... UA UGS 1K MM, SQ PPS, SPG/PC Platinum
Excellent. I have a LHR-SIN and a SIN-SYD sector booked for later half of this month. Fingers crossed.

Anyone know if there's a way to ID the particular aircraft that'll have the new equipments onboard? Or would it be pot luck of getting that 1 in a fleet of 10 or so aircrafts?

------------------
Cheers,
W
Old Dec 11, 2001, 8:08 am
Patron

Is their any easy way to find out on which routes SQ is flying a two class aircraft?

Old Dec 11, 2001, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SQ flies only 2 class 777 aircraft on some regional routes within Asia. The only exception is SIN-AMS-ORD and SIN-CPH return.

These aircraft do not have the new Spacebeds yet. I don't know if SQ plans to install them on these aircrafts.
Old Dec 11, 2001, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

The "regional" two-class 772s won't get the spacebeds under this programme. [Those aircraft typically do SIN-KUL, SIN-HKG, SIN-NRT, SIN-BNE.]

However, the new 777-200ERs (J/Y only) which were launched on the temporarily suspended SIN-AMS-ORD will be re-fitted with Spacebeds. They will gradually replace the A340-300s on trans-con routes as more aircraft are delivered.
Old Dec 11, 2001, 8:55 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, AA, Marriott, Hyatt, Accor
The Spacebed should be in service by the end of December according to SIA. I've heard that it will be in service on SQ 322/317 to/from London and then SQ 219/220. I can't confirm however. The 777-ERs have an updated Raffles Class Ultimo seat with increased recline and pitch plus a new range of seat adjustments. Flew it SIN-PER a couple of months ago and was extremely comfortable. Flew 9V-SPQ which is SIA's newest 744 to BKK and it didn't have the Spacebeds. I'd guess it will be 9V-SPL to get the Spacebed first as it was the first back in '98.
Old Dec 12, 2001, 6:38 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
I can confirm that the service will be operationall on al LHR flights, before it goes onto any other routes. SQ are losing revenue on the LHR flights due to BA's J class beds.

jon
Old Dec 12, 2001, 7:48 am
Original Poster

* latest update *

It was just confirmed by a staff member at PPS Centre (who verified with corporate HQ) that the Spacebeds have NOT been implemented on any aircraft as yet, and there is no revised estimate as to when they will be launched.

Hmmmmm..... This reminds me that when SQ launched their First Class suites, they were immediately sued by BA (who had released their own suites some months before) for patent infringement.

Another screw-up in the making perhaps? Hmmmm.
Old Dec 12, 2001, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Seems more likely to be a matter of economics at this point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.