Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Suites impression FRA-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:46 am
formerly known as daveland
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Singapore Suites impression FRA-JFK

I'd been wanting to fly the A380 in Suites class for the LONGEST time and finally was able to do it this week.

Awards are definitely hard to find at saver level if you aren't a year out or very close in but the stars aligned

Will have to try again when they launch the new upstairs Suites, but overall this was one heck of a great flight. Shame you can't access the Lufthansa First Class Terminal in FRA. Food was very good - but not on par with my JAL 1st class meals. And no snacks available between meals.

But the privacy you get in these Suites is unreal!

Here's my full review of the Singapore Suites class (A380) and also a bit of a guide I wrote on how to actually book Singapore Suites on an award.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:08 pm

the longer sector has more snack options (just did JFK - SIN)
Old Sep 2, 2017, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Yep, it was interesting though as when I flew J in the 747 over a decade ago, they definitely had "anytime you want" snacks on the NY-Europe route. Even if you are flying SIN-FRA-JFK, it's odd they discontinue the snacks from FRA on...
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by daveland
I'd been wanting to fly the A380 in Suites class for the LONGEST time and finally was able to do it this week.

Awards are definitely hard to find at saver level if you aren't a year out or very close in but the stars aligned

Will have to try again when they launch the new upstairs Suites, but overall this was one heck of a great flight. Shame you can't access the Lufthansa First Class Terminal in FRA. Food was very good - but not on par with my JAL 1st class meals. And no snacks available between meals.

Here's my full review of the Singapore Suites class (A380) and also a bit of a guide I wrote on how to actually book Singapore Suites on an award.
I ordered some shrimp noodle soup because I was peckish between meals the last time I flew Suites SQ25..
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
SQ is not setting up any bar with snacks for C and F pax in the galley?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by warakorn
SQ is not setting up any bar with snacks for C and F pax in the galley?
There is snacks and there is snacks: You can grab a bag of crisps or a chocolate bar in the galley but they snacks listed in the menu are usually heated and prepared for you (soup, noodles, sandwiches)
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:14 am

Enjoyed your blog post. Helpful tip about the windows in row 3. Thanks for sharing!
MilesTalk likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by daveland

When you say no snacks? You can't order snacks or additional food as you go?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:50 am
Original Poster

That is what I was told. Snacks SIN-FRA only, not FRA-JFK. Note, you still have two meals on an 8 hour flight so you are hardly starving ;-)
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
I eat when I want to eat. I more often than not go to sleep after departure and wake up some 6-8 hours later with the intention of eating the meal. The higher up the class the more accommodating the staff. The flights are between US and Asia and so 10-15 hour flights. Time enough for sleep and dinner.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

I'm quite sure they would accommodate any meal serving time requests. I was referring only to other snacks between meals...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.