My Music on Singapore Airlines!!

Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Smile My Music on Singapore Airlines!!

Hey guys! I recently found out that one of my piano solo compositions is currently being aired on Singapore Airlines through the end of this month! I am really excited about this and am looking for someone traveling with them sometime in Aug. who could take a screenshot for me. I would be so grateful!
Let me know

Here's the song that is currently included in their inflight entertainment:

Thanks for your time!

Sarah Dukes
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:15 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Beautiful Sarah! How exciting. I'm hoping someone here will be able to help.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much! Me too
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:23 am
Original Poster

SQ319, I thought that's where I posted it...Lol, shows how experienced with forums I am!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Do you know what you should do?

1. Buy a SQ ticket and bring a CD (or several on board).

2. Ask passengers on board if they know if whose music it is.

Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Not flying them so can't help you but very cool and exciting!!!
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Congrats - very exciting! Pity I won't take a flight with them till August. Hope someone's able to take a shot for you!
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: NZ*G, QRPC Gold
I'm off with SQ on Wednesday 23rd. Thanks for letting us know. Will see what i can do
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Very nice, thank you.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 3:08 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by SarahDukes
Hey guys! I recently found out that one of my piano solo compositions is currently being aired on Singapore Airlines through the end of this month! I am really excited about this and am looking for someone traveling with them sometime in Aug. who could take a screenshot for me. I would be so grateful!
Let me know

Here's the song that is currently included in their inflight entertainment: Sarah Dukes - Violet Beams (Life Sometimes) - YouTube

Thanks for your time!

Sarah Dukes
Lovely piece !
Something I would listen too .
Now to locate on my flight end of this month !

The crew is always helpful with helping get to where I want on the screen . Too complicated these days with these new systems .

Hope the screenshot is posted / appears on this thread before I fly .
If not , hope I remember to take that shot for you .

Perhaps SQ will have more of your work
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

That's so nice! Thank you so much everyone for your kind words! It means a lot to me!

Haaze, that's awesome! I hope you are able to find me, I did find someone flying this past week that said they tried looking, but couldn't find my name anywhere . Maybe their music is in rotation...?

FlyerEC, Thank you!! I'm so glad you enjoy the music! Thank you for your compliments! I currently have 2 albums out- Finding Forever and Life Sometimes. Feel free to check them out They are available from iTunes, Amazon, GooglePlay, Spotify, Pandora, etc. or my website sarahdukesmusic.com.

Hope you have a safe trip!!
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:29 am

I flew the A330 last night and I tried to look for your song under both names through a few Compilation / Jazz / Relaxing music albums.

It's quite hard as on the eX2 system there is no search function. Also, you have to go into each album and then the song titles appear. Compilation albums do not display who each individual artist is.

Do you know what the name of the compilation album your song falls under is ?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer/Star Gold, QF Gold/Oneworld Sapphire
I took the liberty of asking the folks on another SQ-specific forum. Sarah's composition can be found in this month's "Meditation" playlist of the Krisworld entertainment system.

I'm not flying anywhere on SQ this month so can't take a picture of the actual IFE screen, but a couple of screen captures from the track listing in SQ's iPhone App can be found here (Links to external site).

Hopefully someone else (Do you have another flight coming up, Singapore_Air?) can locate that playlist on the IFE and take a picture!

Very nice piece of music, Sarah!

Last edited by sqyf; Aug 21, 2017 at 6:06 pm
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by sqyf
Hopefully someone else (Do you have another flight coming up, Singapore_Air?) can locate that playlist on the IFE and take a picture!
Thanks - it seems to be in the "Featured Playlists" section under "Meditation" as you say. I have a potential flight next Tuesday (eX2 and eX3) so will endeavour to take a photo.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Oh my gosh, you guys are amazing!!! Thank you so, so much!! And sqyf, that was so nice of you to reach out in another forum!
If you guys want to give me your email address, I would be happy to send you a download link of my second album, Life Sometimes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.