Award planning SFO-SIN

Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Award planning SFO-SIN

I've been browsing this forum for a while looking for suggestions but haven't found anything helpful. If this has been asked and answered, I apologize. Links to past threads would be appreciated.

I'm planning a trip to SIN over Christmas in 2018. I have a narrow range of dates that I must leave & return SFO. I'm looking for J seats for 3 adults. I have many Chase Ultimate Rewards points as well as United Mileage Plus. 3 adults and we can move the UR points between us as required. I'd prefer lower cost rewards, of course. I can also pay some cash (econ or prem econ) plus miles to end up in J. We'd also like to stop somewhere on the return for a few days (HKG, NRT, ICN, etc.).

I'm new to the SQ program and don't understand all the options.
Can anyone suggest strategy/guidance for this?
How far out are seats available?
Is it best to jump in the moment they open or wait?
Better results watching on SQ or UA?

Thanks.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
if you want a stopover, your only option out of SFO is through HKG. I would suggest being a bit flexible and try looking at LAX too, I know the drive is long but it would open up LAX-NRT/ICN-SIN for you to look at too.

SQ releases award space 355 days out at a specific time (can't remember what time sorry)

of course its always better to book ASAP.

SQ does not release J/F award space to UA afaik so you would have to watch SQ.

regarding upgrading, the fare buckets you'll be able to upgrade from are usually really expensive on SQ fyi

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.