Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading from business - which flights?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
Upgrading from business - which flights?

i have booked a business class flight Syd-LHR next May.

Outbound flights are on 380 - SQ222 and SQ322, return are 777-300, SQ317 and SQ211.

I have 35000 Krisflyer points from a previous flight when i changed my Velocity points to upgrade PE to business and then they wouldn't let me. I would like to use these. I do have plenty of Velocity points that I can transfer.

I am thinking of upgrading on 2 of the 4 legs. Would appreciate any advice about which would be the best ones. I would hope to sleep on the SQ322 and probably just a bit on either/both of the return legs as i arrive in the evening.

I have only flown economy so far on SQ so am sure I will be very happy with business on 2 of the legs!

thanks for your advice.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Don't know about the math, but I'd upgrade the a380 legs to get suites, and just stay in J for the b777 legs.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
thanks that's the sort of tip i wanted, as I really know nothing about the difference.
I dont want to risk transferring my velocity to krisflyer points and then not being able to use them - are SQ good at confirming quickly?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:46 am
THR

You need to find the availability after booking and then transfer the Velocity points to Krisflyer. No point transferring before.

The transfer from Velocity to Krisflyer is generally instantaneous (i.e. within a few minutes).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.