Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most complicated FQTV/FQTS problem...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Most complicated FQTV/FQTS problem...

Hi,

I have a very complicated FQTS/FQTV problem and any suggestion on how I can make this work to my benefit would be appreciated. Here are the details:

> I have *G status with AI FR (Maharaja)
> I have decided to move out of AI (uncertain future & poor international accruals/redemptions) and have selected SQ KF as the one best fitting my needs (travel + CC redemptions)
> Any feedback on how I can get a status match on KF would be helpful
> I'm traveling from India to USA. BOM - FRA (LH) FRA - ORD (UA) ORD - RST (UA) and returning EWR - BOM (UA)

I would like to use my status from AI and get my miles credited to KF.

I would like to use my status for the following benefits:
> Lounge access at BOM (contract lounge), FRA (any *G), ORD (UA) and EWR (UA). I'm not sure that flashing my AI *G card in FRA, ORD and EWR will work if it doesn't show on my boarding pass. It surely won't work in BOM. I have Priority Pass and Diners Club lounge access. The only place that has convinient lounge access for these cards is BOM. However the BOM contract lounge (GVK) is much better than the PP or Diners Club lounge.
> Priority boarding
> Priority baggage

Phew.

Any suggestions / feedback on how I can do is?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:28 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Hi,

I have a very complicated FQTS/FQTV problem and any suggestion on how I can make this work to my benefit would be appreciated. Here are the details:

> I have *G status with AI FR (Maharaja)
> I have decided to move out of AI (uncertain future & poor international accruals/redemptions) and have selected SQ KF as the one best fitting my needs (travel + CC redemptions)
> Any feedback on how I can get a status match on KF would be helpful
> I'm traveling from India to USA. BOM - FRA (LH) FRA - ORD (UA) ORD - RST (UA) and returning EWR - BOM (UA)

I would like to use my status from AI and get my miles credited to KF.

I would like to use my status for the following benefits:
> Lounge access at BOM (contract lounge), FRA (any *G), ORD (UA) and EWR (UA). I'm not sure that flashing my AI *G card in FRA, ORD and EWR will work if it doesn't show on my boarding pass. It surely won't work in BOM. I have Priority Pass and Diners Club lounge access. The only place that has convinient lounge access for these cards is BOM. However the BOM contract lounge (GVK) is much better than the PP or Diners Club lounge.
> Priority boarding
> Priority baggage

Phew.

Any suggestions / feedback on how I can do is?
Welcome to FT!

Not sure why this is complicated.
- Put your KF number on the booking
- Show AI *G card when necessary to ensure benefits

This would give you boarding and lounge no problem. Priority bags would be the only potential difficulty if LH or UA wanted to be annoying (I've never been denied in a scenario like this). But if priority bags are crucial:

- Put AI number in the booking
- Check in
- Ask to change number with LH staff at gate

This is more likely to result in miles credited wrongly than the first method, so your choice.

You're not trying to upgrade with miles from one account while crediting to another or anything that would make this TRULY complicated
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MKE-MR
Not sure why this is complicated.
- Put your KF number on the booking
- Show AI *G card when necessary to ensure benefits..
Yep. PiperAtGatesofDawn is over thinking by a magnitude or two.
People do this every day
On going thread in the Star Alliance forum:- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...-programm.html
Old Jul 31, 2017, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Thanks for the reply MKE-MR & Mwenenzi. I'm new to the points game (use to blindly credit everything to AI before... now I've learned that was a big mistake).

I did this -
- Put AI number in the booking
- Checked in
- Called LH customer support & changed the FF #
- Checked on LH & UA sites with their individual PNRs that the FF program was reflecting correctly

Surprisingly my old boarding passes (printed by LH) worked everywhere but at two UA checkpoints. They worked at LH boarding from BOM (but I think that's manual), at the Senator Lounge in FRA and at the TSA Security line in ORD (where it really shouldn't have) and boarding the UA flight at ORD!

It didn't work while boarding the UA flight at FRA - they gave me a new boarding passes there, UA lounge in ORD (but they looked at the BP and let me through).

My LH miles have been credited to KF already. So I'm hoping there won't be any problems with my UA miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.