Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Too good to be true "J" class tickets

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Too good to be true "J" class tickets

SQ Email

Received this email from SQ. Biz Class ticket going at S$1,499??
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Interesting. When I entered the code on my mobile app, I actually saw a very different set of offers - Wellington, Dusseldorf, Stockholm, and Canberra, all in Y.

It might conceivably be true, because the price for Wellington in Y in my screen is 770 SGD.

Best of luck - hope you can book it at the advertised prices!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: KF*G, Cathay Silver
Error

It's too good to be true. Definitely a mistake fare that sq will not honour.

sq facebook has acknowledged the published error on their end. I've just received their updated email with the updated promo fares.

Last edited by yewgene; Jun 21, 2017 at 6:38 pm Reason: Typography
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:07 pm

The US and Europe fares are definitely errors. They certainly won't be honoured, assuming they're even bookable.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Phaze
The US and Europe fares are definitely errors. They certainly won't be honoured, assuming they're even bookable.
Yup, LAX is 5,299S$ per person with requirement for min 2 people to travel together ( can also be 4, 6, 8, etc. ) I Still not a bad fare for SQ.

Last edited by demue; Jun 29, 2017 at 8:41 pm
Old Jun 26, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: TK Elite
These do look too good to be true. Then again I did buy a SOF-FRA-SIN R/T in Business Class for just under 1,300€ R/T
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by demue
Yup, LAX is 5,299S$ for two to travel if I read correctly. Not a bad fare for SQ.
Fare is per person. Here's the fine print:

Originally Posted by *Fares quoted are [B
per person[/B] in Business Class and are subject to seat availability. A minimum of two or more passengers must travel together in the same itinerary. Fares are strictly non-refundable. A minimum of 3 days stay and a compulsory Saturday stay must be within the itinerary for the fares to apply..
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Alawyer
Fare is per person. Here's the fine print:
Of course it is, SIA calls this "two to travel" and it means two or four or six etc. need to book together each paying that price. I take your point though that it may not be clear to everyone.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:16 am

Completely wrong you mean. "5,299S$ for two to travel" can only be interpreted in one way. The actual cost is double that. You can't pay that amount and travel to LAX either alone or with another person. Pretty straightforward.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Phaze
Completely wrong you mean. "5,299S$ for two to travel" can only be interpreted in one way. The actual cost is double that. You can't pay that amount and travel to LAX either alone or with another person. Pretty straightforward.
Of course, you are right. Thanks for correcting my misleading info. I have updated my original post to be clearer and hope it is up to scratch now. Much appreciated. Cheers

Last edited by demue; Jun 29, 2017 at 8:53 pm
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
2 to go fares

Originally Posted by demue
Yup, LAX is 5,299S$ per person with requirement for min 2 people to travel together (can also be 4, 6, 8, etc. ) I Still not a bad fare for SQ.
Most Singaporeans are quite familiar with these fares, and it just means min. 2 travelers to book the special promo fares.
And it doesn't have to be in multiples of 2's, it can also be 3, 5, 7, etc. (up to a max. of 9 travelers in one booking)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.