Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

MI to SQ 55 minute connection on award ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Silver

I am looking to redeem a J award for PEN-SIN-LHR, and I am seeing some waitlist options for (MI353-SQ322, MI345-SQ318) with a 55 minute connection. Past MI flights on this route seem to be pretty on time, the other options were with a long layover of 9-14 hours or the next day which wouldn't be suitable.

The flying guest will be on wheelchair assistance, which makes me concerned about the tight transfer timing.

Would SQ rebook on the next flight for an award booking for missed connection?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
For a SQ to SQ connection at SIN 55 min is plenty of time (even when in wheelchair) - dont worry and go ahead with the reservation.

If incoming flight is late and you misconnect, SQ will rebook you. There is no difference for award tickets.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:01 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
I agree 55 minutes should be alright, even if you have to change terminals. You wont get to visit the lounge though!
I suggest the passenger lets the crew know they have a tight connection so they can get the chair on first in case they would otherwise wait for everyone else to deplane.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:14 am

If the flying guest has wheelchair assistance, all the more the guest will make his flight, as the ground services will be able to keep the staff at the connecting flight informed on their whereabouts, more so than a passenger making the transfer on his own would.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.