Cancelling business saver tickets on SQ

Old May 21, 2017, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Singapore Airlines, British Airways, South African Airways
Cancelling business saver tickets on SQ

I have a business saver ticket to Bangkok that I cannot use. It costs 150USD to change. Anyone know cost of cancelling?
Old May 21, 2017, 1:05 am

Krisflyer awards should normally only cost 30USD to change or to cancel. Not sure where the 150 is coming from.
Old May 21, 2017, 3:41 am
Original Poster

It's a commercial ticket not awards
Old May 21, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
It should say on your ticket, look for the section headed 'Penalties'. On my D ticket it says "CANCELLATIONS ANY TIME CHARGE AUD 500.00 FOR CANCEL." but also "IN CASES OF NO-SHOW CHARGE NO SHOW FEE OF AUD270 FOR CANCEL"... I don't know why they would make it more expensive to cancel than to no-show, so maybe I am misunderstanding.
Old May 21, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Cancelling a ticket is more expensive than changing it, I do notice that most of the time it's double or triple the price so if changing is USD 150 then cancelling could be USD 300 or more.

Look at the 'Penalties' section of the fare rules where you would find the change fee, it should be right next to it. Not all Business Saver fares are created equally.
Old May 21, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by onlySIA
... I don't know why they would make it more expensive to cancel than to no-show, so maybe I am misunderstanding.
Cancel = refund ticket value
No show = preserve ticket value

If you cancel you pay money to get value of ticket returned. Typically only worthwhile if you haven't commenced travel. If you no show you pay money to preserve the rest of the ticket. So if you no show for first sector (without cancelling first sector) and want to cancel whole ticket you would have to pay both no show fee and cancellation fee.

Thats what I understand anyway.
Old May 22, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Just read the fare conditions of your ticket. They are all different!!!!
Old May 23, 2017, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Cancellation versus change

I established it is 150USD to change, 300USD to cancel and 250USD for no show then refund. So bizarrely it is cheaper to no show than to cancel!
Old May 24, 2017, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by rightfred
I established it is 150USD to change, 300USD to cancel and 250USD for no show then refund. So bizarrely it is cheaper to no show than to cancel!
Double check with them that if you no show you actually get a refund. Usually you have to pay the no show fee so you can maintain the amount paid as a credit for future travel. While the cancellation fee gets you the money refunded back to your card.
Old May 28, 2017, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
Krisflyer awards should normally only cost 30USD to change or to cancel. Not sure where the 150 is coming from.
i thought to change date (route plan no change) is free?
Old May 29, 2017, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by hwsv07
i thought to change date (route plan no change) is free?
Date changes are free. I was referring more to cancelling or changing route or destination. Sorry for the confusion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.