Wiki Posts
Search

SFO to HKG Schedule Change?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Singapore Airlines, United, Qantas
SFO to HKG Schedule Change?

Typically SFO-HKG is a daily flight, but it appears as though there is absolutely no availability in the coming weeks, and the flights that are available are via Singapore. Does anyone know if they have changed their schedule?

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1342
Size:  63.5 KB
Old May 12, 2017, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by lordgrimstad
Typically SFO-HKG is a daily flight, but it appears as though there is absolutely no availability in the coming weeks, and the flights that are available are via Singapore. Does anyone know if they have changed their schedule?

Attachment 32520
No schedule change, but westward economy class inventory is zeroed out for all those dates.
Old May 12, 2017, 10:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Very strange . . . UA and CX show plenty of economy inventory.
Old May 13, 2017, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Why would they block out the economy seats? Would be a shame if they stopped this route, it's the best way to get to HK from the bay area.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Nobody has an idea about the schedule change?
Old May 18, 2017, 5:31 pm

I am seeing flights direct SFO-HKG for the dates you posted
Old May 19, 2017, 11:45 pm

Programs: United
Same problem here: no availability on SFO-HKG

I would like to book the same flight a week after and I see the same problem. No availability. Zero chance that it's overbooked like this, one month ahead.

I suspect a problem (or an intentional bad behavior) in their IT system.

I saw strange things on the Singapore Airlines website:

I booked this SFO-HKG flight last month and when I chose seat it was completely full. When I checked in, the plane was like 2/3 full...

They obviously manipulate their website to make you think that there is only a few tickets left.

Also, for information, Singapore Airlines is bounded by the US policy to accept cancellation within 24 hours of purchase. They don't advertise it unlike United which heavily advertised it. And if you want to cancel, you have to find the unreachable sale phone number which nobody replies...

The congress had an interesting hearing last month to ask the airlines stop screwing their customers. It was just a hearing. Nothing is going to be enforced...

Anyway, back to the question, how could we book on this SFO-HKG in June?
Old May 20, 2017, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by gregoireg
I booked this SFO-HKG flight last month and when I chose seat it was completely full. When I checked in, the plane was like 2/3 full...

They obviously manipulate their website to make you think that there is only a few tickets left.
They do no such thing. They block seats for regular economy passengers till T-96.
Old May 20, 2017, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Phaze
They do no such thing. They block seats for regular economy passengers till T-96.
+1!

Log onto your booking to view the seat map 96 hours to departures and you'll find plenty of options to choose from compared to when the seat was purchased.
Old May 20, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
This is not uncommon on SQ routes when fully booked. It is entirely possible, in face probable that they are oversold on the sector on those days. There aren't all that many economy seats on the aircraft. At peak times I've seen MEL/SIN flights zeroed out like this for weeks.
Old May 24, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: United
Availability starts to appear. Here is a screenshot of the same dates as the one on top of this thread.

http://imgur.com/a/b7v4c

I doubt that people have canceled their ticket since last week. It's obvious Singapore manipulates availability on their website.

Similarly, I see more and more availability for the dates of my travel which is the week after.

Last edited by cxfan1960; May 24, 2017 at 11:49 pm Reason: Comment removed by mod before moderation approval.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:18 am

I wonder if the equipment change affected the scheduling/booking ability. I just got notification that my SFO-HKG-SFO flight is now a 4 passenger F vs 8 passenger F it was.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:52 am

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
I also received a seat notification change. 4 passenger F now.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
I believe SQ is now adding premium economy to HKG-SFO vv. (SQ1/2).

My upcoming flight and the one I have next year now show 3 rows of J seats in the 'mini-cabin' vs. 2 when I booked them.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:50 am

Yes I notice the same but the PE Price from HKG to SFO is according to the Website 20464HKD - nearly the same price for a Business Class Flight to Europe. However if click the option there for the flight dep. 28.9 and ret 9.10 the price will climb to 30456. If you add 9000 HKD more you can fly Business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.