Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Business award ever released to partners?

Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

I am aware that SQ almost never releases long haul business and first class award seats to A* partners. However, I am looking mainly at the short fifth freedom routes, like ARN-DME. Does SQ ever release business awards to A* on this route, or similar routes, or is it the same situation as for long haul routes?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
You are incorrect, long and medium hauls are regularly released to M&M at least (I have in this May MEL-SIN on 359, SIN-LHR on 388 and SIN-MEL on 77W all in J). Just do your search, it has been discussed here repeatedly...
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by echino
I am aware that SQ almost never releases long haul business and first class award seats to A* partners. However, I am looking mainly at the short fifth freedom routes, like ARN-DME. Does SQ ever release business awards to A* on this route, or similar routes, or is it the same situation as for long haul routes?
You will have to check with your FFP.
2 years ago i managed to redeem SIN-CDG & LHR on A388 via LM. This was then blocked. Since then i've mainly redeemed on KF. From what i gather SQ blocks or used to block premium redemption on its A388/B77W long haul routes.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Does SQ ever release business awards to A* on this route, or similar routes, or is it the same situation as for long haul routes?
SQ once claimed it depends on the FFP who book the tickets, as SQ does not block award F/J redemption.

But who knows?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:15 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by garykung
SQ once claimed it depends on the FFP who book the tickets, as SQ does not block award F/J redemption.

But who knows?
United claim that availability *may* not be shown online but if you call up they might be able to assist. I have seen one or two somewhat off-beat Bangkok -> Australia routes show up on Lifemiles, typically being EgyptAir from Bangkok to KL and then SQ from KL to Australia via Singapore

Generally however SQ don't release First/Business inventory to other *A airlines and they reciprocate
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: KF, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Depends on the specific FFP. hav never seen availability on Virgin even though SQ is listed as a partner. Have seen plenty of availability on LM.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:14 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by RTWFF
Generally however SQ don't release First/Business inventory to other *A airlines and they reciprocate
Generally they do release it to Miles and More as can be demonstrated by me doing Australia - Europe and back on combination of SQ/LH regularly...
Old Apr 29, 2017, 5:16 am

Not personally aware of any blackouts premium award blackouts against KF. I have never had any problems booking premium awards on other *A airlines using KF (except for LH until T-14, and LX F never being available, which are well known).
Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:03 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Generally they do release it to Miles and More as can be demonstrated by me doing Australia - Europe and back on combination of SQ/LH regularly...
For those of us for whom English is our first language "Generally however SQ don't release First/Business inventory to other *A airlines" means that there are some exceptions, Miles & More being the only one being cited
Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:10 am

For those of us for whom English is our first language "Generally however SQ don't release First/Business inventory to other *A airlines" means that there are some exceptions, Miles & More being the only one being cited
Thank you for a lesson from a native English speaker. May I correct your impeccable English a little bit? Your statement should correctly read: '"Generally, however, SQ don't does not release First/Business inventory to other *A airlines", means that there are some exceptions, Miles & More being the only one being cited.'

And success has been reported by members of other FFPs too...
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Since you're based in YVR, I take it if you're wondering if seats are released to Aeroplan...?

For ARN-DME and if its on a A359/B77W, it probably won't be released to aeroplan.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.