Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore A350 Business Class seating

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down Singapore A350 Business Class seating

My wife and I are traveling SFO to SIN on SQ031, an A350, in business class. What seating do you suggest so we can talk to each other and still have a window seat? We have reserved two window seats, but one is in front of the other, so we cannot talk without one of us getting out of her/his seat.:confused

Should we switch at adjacent seats in the center?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:10 am

Bulkhead is crucial on this ultra long haul.
Ideally 11D & F both centre.

Then switch to other empty window seats for lounging.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:31 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Originally Posted by terbangalways
Then switch to other empty window seats for lounging.
Can't assume that there will be empty window seats for the OP to move to...

IMO if you really must have the window seat, then best is to have 1 window seat, and another across the aisle. As I hear it the A350 apparently has very narrow aisles compared to the 77W Of course the person sitting across the aisle has to contend with a seat mate next to him/her but there's always the divider screen.

In front of one another is definitely a no-go with regard to talking to each other. And of course sitting in the middle pair means you have no window.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by hthomasa
My wife and I are traveling SFO to SIN on SQ031, an A350, in business class. What seating do you suggest so we can talk to each other and still have a window seat? We have reserved two window seats, but one is in front of the other, so we cannot talk without one of us getting out of her/his seat.:confused

Should we switch at adjacent seats in the center?
IMHO, there is not much to see out of the windows on this flight anyway, so enjoy sitting together...
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
while I am flying with my wife I really do not think there will be a lot of talking for us since its overnight flight. We are going for comfort/sleep on the A359. I choose 19a hoping the bulkhead give me a little more more since I am over 6 feet tall and she is right behind me in 20a (she is a lot shorter than me). I will let you know how it goes.

Last edited by 1readyset2go; Apr 20, 2017 at 8:09 pm
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by 1readyset2go
while I am flying with my wife I really do not think there will be a lot of talking for us since its overnight flight. We are going for comfort/sleep on the A359. I choose 19a hoping the bulkhead give me a little more more since I am over 6 feet tall and she is right behind me in 20a (she is a lot shorter than me).
You might not have much sleep if you are unlucky and people in 19D/19F have two screaming babies with them. According to SQ's seat map, row 19 is designated for bassinets, so you may even be kicked out of your 19A should they need it for bassinet... See also http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28208538-post143.html

Last edited by vbroucek; Apr 20, 2017 at 9:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.