Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Minimal economy availability on SQ51 MAN-SIN, will more free up?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Looking at travelling MAN-SIN-PER towards the end of the year, but it seems like almost all days in December are already fully booked for economy on the MAN-SIN leg, with the Singapore site instead offering MAN-FRA-SIN-PER as the closest alternative.

I know Singapore sometimes open up blocks of seating closer to the dates, but as I'm looking to book early, this is more than likely going to force me to another airline.

Is this the effect of the new IAH-MAN-SIN route? Or are Singapore just holding back more seats than usual? Anybody have any idea if more seats will free up in time?

Thanks !
Old Apr 15, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, QR Privilege Club, HH Gold
I can't shed a great deal of light on SIA's seat release system, but I can confirm that the new IAH route is popular. I flew MAN-SIN-DPS return this week and quite a few seats were taken by people coming from/going to Houston.

Combined with the high demand to most of AUS in December, I can imagine this route being busier than it might have been otherwise.

Be interested to know what anyone else knows for future reference.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Yeah the popularity of the IAH-MAN-SIN route does seem to be to blame. Guess I can hope they'll put a 2nd daily service on but this seems unlikely (and would probably be in the distant future).
Old Apr 18, 2017, 12:07 pm

Maybe they will make the service daily if it is proving so popular as I think it's only 5 days a week at the moment.m
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Hopefully, Emirates are currently killing it from Manchester. 3 x daily flights for less money than SQ, way more flexibility and way more availability
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:44 am

Programs: Kris flyer, velocity, Air NZ
Manchester is popular route. My family (8 people) has already booked tickets from MAN to AKL for December. Hope this helps.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: Kris flyer, velocity, Air NZ
I guess people heading off to NZ prefers SQ if travelling from Manchester. There is only one stop in the middle (Singapore) while other airlines like Emirates will have 2 stops and makes journey unnecessarily too long.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cryshna
Manchester is popular route. My family (8 people) has already booked tickets from MAN to AKL for December. Hope this helps.
On the contrary, by snapping up some seats you may have done the opposite of help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.