Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

What is the best KFmiles/distance ratio for Suites redemption post-devaluation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:01 am
Original Poster

What is the best combination of destinations for Suites redemption to get the best bang out of my KF miles?

I have just redeemed for JFK-AKL before devaluation (116,875 KF miles).. JFK-SIN is already 93,500 KF miles, hence making my SIN-AKL sector a measly 23,375 KF mile plus a good 14 hours to enjoy TPR!

Now thinking of where I can aim for my next redemption!
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Originally Posted by behyx
plus a good 14 hours to enjoy TPR!
I'm bored after 1 hour. Good luck spending 14!!!
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: Krisflyer
My investigations show there is excellent Saver availability for Bandar (BWN) which gives you a fairly decent first class flight on top of Suites, though only twice a week. Not a lot to do in Brunei but I am doing it later this year to get a nice First/Suites combo.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by onlySIA
My investigations show there is excellent Saver availability for Bandar (BWN) which gives you a fairly decent first class flight on top of Suites, though only twice a week. Not a lot to do in Brunei but I am doing it later this year to get a nice First/Suites combo.
I actually did this back in October. But because i wanted to visit Borneo.

You are right. Not much to do in Brunei. I think 2 days and you're done, although i saw a lot with the river taxis. But you can then catch a $20ish flight to Kota Kinabalu or Sandakan, or a couple cheap places on the Indonesia side. etc. Cheap flights around once on Borneo. Worth the trip, but it's a long way to go from LAX! Was happy to be in SQ J. SQ F would be great.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:11 am

Programs: LH, BA
This is still 25k for a one way. What sort of food do you get on board, is it the full F service, or a simpler version ?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:17 am

Programs: Kris Flyer, Airpoints, TrueBlue, QF, SPGGold, Hilton Diamond,IHG Spire
I waitlisted AKL to JFK last year in April for April this year. SIN to JFK was confirmed early on in the piece but still waiting for AKL to SIN to be confirmed. Starting to panic as I have already ticketed the SIN to JFK sector to take advantage of the lower number of miles required before devaluation.

Any hints/ideas about the waitlist clearing?

Sorry this is a bit off your topic.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Fitzherbert Carruthers
I waitlisted AKL to JFK last year in April for April this year. SIN to JFK was confirmed early on in the piece but still waiting for AKL to SIN to be confirmed. Starting to panic as I have already ticketed the SIN to JFK sector to take advantage of the lower number of miles required before devaluation.

Any hints/ideas about the waitlist clearing?

Sorry this is a bit off your topic.
Even if your waitlist clear, it's the post devaluation rate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.