Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

No fee to change date on a Singapore flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:21 am
Original Poster

I have never changed dates on a Singapore flight but what I read on their website is there is no fee to change dates for Krisflyer members? We just registered for Krisflyer last night and have the no on our reservations for July.

I had booked flights through Orbitz so can I call Singapore directly and change dates.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
There is no fee to change dates on redemption flights.

If it's a paid flight then it depends on what sort of fare class your ticket is booked into i.e. whether it's an expensive flexi ticket or a cheap fixed one.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:00 pm

Paid tickets book through 3rd party site (e.g. Orbitz, expedia) have to go through them for any changes, afaik.

miles redemption ticket date change is foc.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:43 pm

SQ Hotline will also do changes to tickets issued by TA. At least that's my experience.

For a revenue ticket the conditions (i.e. booking class) will define whether you are allowed to change the date and which fees would apply if you do so. If it is restricted fare you may not be able to change date at all.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:44 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see a fee being imposed for this when the new 380s are delivered.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
I have never changed dates on a Singapore flight but what I read on their website is there is no fee to change dates for Krisflyer members? We just registered for Krisflyer last night and have the no on our reservations for July.

I had booked flights through Orbitz so can I call Singapore directly and change dates.
If you booked through a travel agent, you should go back to the travel agent to get it done. If you call SQ directly, SQ will charge you a fee for doing directly through them and not through the agent (on top of any change fees, fare top-up etc).

That was my experience with SQ tickets I booked through Expedia.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:42 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by SQ319
If you booked through a travel agent, you should go back to the travel agent to get it done. If you call SQ directly, SQ will charge you a fee for doing directly through them and not through the agent (on top of any change fees, fare top-up etc).

That was my experience with SQ tickets I booked through Expedia.
It depends. Some TA-issued tickets get handed off to SQ once your fly the first segment. So if you haven't started on the trip, definitely only the TA can handle any change requests. Thereafter, it will depend on the set-up of your ticket if the itinerary goes under control of SQ.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by fimo
It depends. Some TA-issued tickets get handed off to SQ once your fly the first segment. So if you haven't started on the trip, definitely only the TA can handle any change requests. Thereafter, it will depend on the set-up of your ticket if the itinerary goes under control of SQ.
Good to know. In my case, it was before the flight, so have to go back to Expedia.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:22 pm

Thereafter, it will depend on the set-up of your ticket if the itinerary goes under control of SQ.
New to me, but i just might have such ticket set-up.

To my experience both can handle changes (do it quite regulary either way), butter of course never for free. Except it is under control of the airport team of SQ (i.e. airport CI started), than the change can only be done at the airport.

If you call SQ directly, SQ will charge you a fee for doing directly through them and not through the agent (on top of any change fees, fare top-up etc).
The TA wont do it for free either.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by SQ325
The TA wont do it for free either.
Depends on the fare class of your ticket....
Old Mar 6, 2017, 7:02 pm

Depends on the fare class of your ticket....
No, surely not. He will charge you with a service fee for making the changes, independent of fare class. If you know a TA who doesn't, I'am curious to know.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 1:51 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by shuigao
There is no fee to change dates on redemption flights.

If it's a paid flight then it depends on what sort of fare class your ticket is booked into i.e. whether it's an expensive flexi ticket or a cheap fixed one.
I just made a change to a Reward Flight booking (in F) & there was no charge. Can I change the same booking again with no charge? Thanks ^
Old Mar 10, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
So looks like I've faced both situations when booked with Expedia tickets, both times in Business Class fare class J which is flexible.

First time i tried to change a ticket I didn't bother calling Expedia thinking they'd charge me through the nose. I had already flown the first segment, and SQ was able to make changes to other segments, but at a US$50 fee.

Originally Posted by SQ325
No, surely not. He will charge you with a service fee for making the changes, independent of fare class. If you know a TA who doesn't, I'am curious to know.
Second time (a different ticket), I wanted to make a change but had not flown any segments. SQ agent was not able to do it. I had no choice but to call Expedia and surprisingly there was no admin fees at all, but only the ticket fare difference which was $0.70. I gave my CC number etc, ticket was reissued, but was never charged.

I then had to make another change to this same ticket. Called Expedia, this time the ticket price difference was $8.70. Again, gave CC details, and was charged $0.30.

I would say through this experience I've been very pleasantly surprised by Expedia. Also, almost no wait time for phone to be answered though they did take very long when re-pricing the ticket because they had to contact SQ on the spot and that took a while...

I don't know what it'd be like when purchasing non-flexi tickets though; perhaps they'd levy an additional admin fee on top of the airline's charges but lately I've seen this line in my expedia bookings (after they changed the layout of the itinerary): "We understand that sometimes plans change. We do not charge a cancel or change fee. When the airline charges such fees in accordance with its own policies, the cost will be passed on to you." Of course this may be unique only to the tickets I bought.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 8:48 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by NoY
I just made a change to a Reward Flight booking (in F) & there was no charge. Can I change the same booking again with no charge? Thanks ^
Anyone able to confirm? Thanks ^
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.