Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KrisFlyer Devaluation - 23 March 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by leroy11
My understanding is that tickets are good for one year from date of issue before travel has commenced. Once the first flight is taken, they become valid for one year from the date of the first flight.
This.

Had redeemed for a flight in April '17, back in December 2016. Last night, I could change without any penalty till Dec 2017 (issue date+ 1y).

Another ticket- a partially travelled on multi city itinerary issued in May'16, for travel commencing Sept'16 (last leg booked for May '17), I changed the last leg to June '17 last week. The ticket had been issued over the phone so had to call in, and the agent started with a 'it was issued in May '16..but quickly changed to an 'oh yes' after I mentioned that the first sector had been in September.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by leroy11
My understanding is that tickets are good for one year from date of issue before travel has commenced. Once the first flight is taken, they become valid for one year from the date of the first flight.
Ah! Got it. Thanks for the explanation!
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:30 pm

I had an SQ award ticket that I had changed and reissued. The new itinerary priced at the higher mileage but much lower fuel surcharges and in additional to the new ticket, I also received a "residual value" for the net difference in the fees I paid.

I can just chuck this right? It's not as if it's funds that I can use towards something else? The issue date and the expiration date on the residual value receipt is the same.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by fly2nrt
I had an SQ award ticket that I had changed and reissued. The new itinerary priced at the higher mileage but much lower fuel surcharges and in additional to the new ticket, I also received a "residual value" for the net difference in the fees I paid.

I can just chuck this right? It's not as if it's funds that I can use towards something else? The issue date and the expiration date on the residual value receipt is the same.
Shouldn't that be refunded to your original form of payment, which should be a credit card?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 8:29 am

Any data point on which carriers SQ is collecting yq on for *a partner redemptions? Looking to book a ticket soon us-eur and don't want to mess around with the usual suspects if there is yq (lh/ac/tp). Also do they allow co-terminal bookings like into LGA and out of JFK?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by moops380
Any data point on which carriers SQ is collecting yq on for *a partner redemptions? Looking to book a ticket soon us-eur and don't want to mess around with the usual suspects if there is yq (lh/ac/tp). Also do they allow co-terminal bookings like into LGA and out of JFK?
They definitely collect YQ on LH, AC (for non-intra-Canada travel), and TP. Don't think they charge for UA but I may be wrong for international flights.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop
They definitely collect YQ on LH, AC (for non-intra-Canada travel), and TP. Don't think they charge for UA but I may be wrong for international flights.
Thanks for the DP. any more are appreciated. (would be nice if they don't collect on swiss, tk, and whatever aeroplan doesn't collect, not trying to fly the 777-2 polaris)
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:37 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by moops380
Thanks for the DP. any more are appreciated. (would be nice if they don't collect on swiss, tk, and whatever aeroplan doesn't collect, not trying to fly the 777-2 polaris)
from us-eur on ua then onward on LO, no YQ.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:01 pm

Programs: United, Copa, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott, Hertz, Avis
Originally Posted by callmedtop
I'm pricing out an ANA flight in Y (NRT to SFO) using Krisflyer miles and am running into pretty steep YQ - about $215. I wanted to add this to the data points since I can't find any other references to it but also run it by folks. I thought this kind of YQ was going away with the new award chart.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by ManSeekingMiles
I'm pricing out an ANA flight in Y (NRT to SFO) using Krisflyer miles and am running into pretty steep YQ - about $215. I wanted to add this to the data points since I can't find any other references to it but also run it by folks. I thought this kind of YQ was going away with the new award chart.
No yq on SQ metal

You are redeeming ana partner via *a award. The 'no yq' doesn't apply for *a partner awards
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:40 am

recently have flown using krisflyer points without any YQ SAS shorthaul + longhaul, LOT shorthaul (after UA longhaul). UA longhaul and UA within the US.

Anyone else with any data using krisflyer miles on Tatl AC? LO? LX? TK?

Ana research:
Ana shows $80 each way for LO Tatl and $90 ET LAX-DUB . Ana not showing yq for Tatl AC/SAS/SQ/NZ/UA. Shows for LX/OS/LH/SN/TK/TP/MS.

Ana shows $0 yq for Air China/Thai/Asiana as well, $30 per way on BR TPE-LAX. YQ on SAA as well.

Any more DPs on krisflyer awards would be great. Thanks!
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:40 am

quick question, have an confirmed award ticket SIN-JFK in suites coming up, booked pre devaluation last year

i noticed CGK-SIN-JFK (F) cost the same miles as SIN-JFK (F), will they allow me to add the extra CGK-SIN (F) segment into my current itinerary since they cost the same miles? i dont mind paying the pre devaluation extra taxes though.. purpose is just to try out 773 (F) and 380 (F) since they cost the same miles

any thoughts?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:51 pm

If they need to reissue the ticket, you will be charged the new rate. Adding CGK-SIN definitely needs a reissue, so the answer is no.

Moreover, unless you are spending >24h in SIN, then you cannot just add CGK-SIN to your SIN-JFK - the entire journey CGK-SIN-JFK has to be available in order to book it.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by stargold
If they need to reissue the ticket, you will be charged the new rate. Adding CGK-SIN definitely needs a reissue, so the answer is no.

Moreover, unless you are spending >24h in SIN, then you cannot just add CGK-SIN to your SIN-JFK - the entire journey CGK-SIN-JFK has to be available in order to book it.
thanks for the heads up ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.