Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why No Amenity Kit On SQ Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Was given the 70 th anniversary limits edition kits ; the white , or is it grey ? , one on 30 August & the black on 1 September .
Now got to figure where I packed them in usual jet lag state

At least , everyone posting here helps . Know what the contents of each is , thanks
Interesting... it would mean that it was black for July, white for August, and looks like it's black again for September.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Had to ask for slippers for 15hr flight ex-SIN

Like the eyeshades (way more comfy than any US models) & the pouch ^

I suppose the cleansing kit could be useful
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:47 am

Hopefully going forward, SQ will continue to offer amenity kits in biz class in 2018
Old Sep 8, 2017, 5:08 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
My last 3 SQ flights, socks/slippers are now waiting at the seat; earplugs/eyemasks on request only.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: Krisflyer
The lip balm is a godsend. Please keep providing this, SQ - I sometimes remember to pack my own, but forgot for a recent flight and was very glad to have it provided.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by pokfur
The contents of both pouches are different. The black one has slightly more useful hand cream and lip balm, while I find the white one useless.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWHUmrLg...dentertainment

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXx6V5QA...dentertainment
Thanks for posting the pics
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:25 pm

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Had one of these amenity kits next to my seat after boarding my flight to NRT last week.

What a waste these amenity kits are! I have no need for any of this.

Will the unused / unopened kits be recycled at least?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:51 pm

Are these Laundress kits just a temporary anniv special or here to stay? I actually prefer them over kits from other airlines with face creams that I'll never use.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
I also believe amenity kits need to be more practical vs. beauty oriented. I wish they would have something like stain removal wipes
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:39 pm

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Originally Posted by nanyang
Had one of these amenity kits next to my seat after boarding my flight to NRT last week.

What a waste these amenity kits are! I have no need for any of this.

Will the unused / unopened kits be recycled at least?
Exactly. More often than not these kits are a novelty at best. When they are distributed a lot of pax will just leave these behind in the aircraft.

Kits in economy also need to cease.

I'd think the weight saving alone would save fuel burn across the fleet.

As discussed in this thread many times best to keep the lavatories stocked with essential items and pax utilize these are required.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: AC 50K, NZ Gold
The top shelf in my bedroom closet is filled up with all those kits. Occasionally it is overflowing and going down on my head! And I always put all of them back there. It is faster than to go downstairs and trash! lol!
The only two pouches I keep using is United Global First (exceptionally practical compartments) and Rimowa (because it "goes" with my luggage).
IMHO: Mask and slippers is good enough. The rest you can ask for or get in the washroom.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 6:36 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
I bring my own amenity bag with my own personalised products - at least I know that I like them and will end up using them.

The products you find in most, if not, all the amenity bags likely end up in landfill anyway. Sure it is interesting and exciting if its your first time flying business or first but once you fly premium regularly and accumulate dozens, you realise generally how wasteful they are.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by shuuy
My last 3 SQ flights, socks/slippers are now waiting at the seat; earplugs/eyemasks on request only.
I was rather surprised that eye shades were no longer readily given in my recent SIN-PVG-SIN in J, both red eyes. One would have thought if there are flights that these should be given automatically are those where passengers would like to sleep. Then again, SQ may be thinking if it's a night flight and outside is dark, people can just sleep as they are and SQ can save on the cost of eye shades - again strongly suspect it's one of those "accountant behind the decision" strategies.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I was rather surprised that eye shades were no longer readily given in my recent SIN-PVG-SIN in J, both red eyes. One would have thought if there are flights that these should be given automatically are those where passengers would like to sleep. Then again, SQ may be thinking if it's a night flight and outside is dark, people can just sleep as they are and SQ can save on the cost of eye shades - again strongly suspect it's one of those "accountant behind the decision" strategies.
I've never used 'eye shades'. I presume these were available on your flight though?

Talking of which - CX flight SIN-HKG (J cabin) this week. No trinkets given. ^
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I'd rather they give me the eye shades and skip the socks. I've NEVER used the socks... LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.