Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why No Amenity Kit On SQ Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite.
Originally Posted by tr4veller
Yes I can confirm these are also being handed out - even on very short flights like the 2 hr SIN-BKK.

Here is a video I took of mine I received yesterday:

Singapore Airlines Business Class New Amenity Kit 2017 - YouTube
Cool,look forward to getting ours in a couple of months!Cheers🇦🇺🛫🛬🇸🇬🛫🛬🇬🇧
Old Jul 29, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Happy for no kits, as long as items are available in the bathroom or on request. I don't need hundreds of kits lying around at home.

Also SIA need to remove the kits in economy, please!
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by davidj1
Happy for no kits, as long as items are available in the bathroom or on request. I don't need hundreds of kits lying around at home.

Also SIA need to remove the kits in economy, please!
I agree, I don't want to have to carry an amenity kit to the bathroom when I go - much more convenient to grab and use items inside, when you decide you need them. On my last flight I packed away the amenity kit at the start of the flight and completely forgot about it by the time I was getting ready for bed. (I guess I need to fly Suites more regularly, anyone want to donate to my GoFundMe???)
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:36 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Mlee888
I did the PVG route 2 weeks ago and never received an amenity kit.

Lat week I did the MNL route and no amenity kit.

I''m surprised they handed them out on the BKK route but not the PVG. Unless they should be given out only on selected flights of course.
My experience is only flights departing from SIN get the business class 70 year anniversary amenity kit, with no kit for flights to SIN.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
My experience is only flights departing from SIN get the business class 70 year anniversary amenity kit, with no kit for flights to SIN.
Hmmm, I wonder why no kit was provided. Oh well, guess whatever you didn't have in the first place can't be missed.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by onlySIA
I agree, I don't want to have to carry an amenity kit to the bathroom when I go - much more convenient to grab and use items inside, when you decide you need them. On my last flight I packed away the amenity kit at the start of the flight and completely forgot about it by the time I was getting ready for bed. (I guess I need to fly Suites more regularly, anyone want to donate to my GoFundMe???)
Except for the fact most people prefer to have their own amenities and not shared ones touched by other pax in the lavatory.

SQ is the only high quality airline that stubbornly refuses to provide amenity kits in J, just unacceptable.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
Except for the fact most people prefer to have their own amenities and not shared ones touched by other pax in the lavatory.

SQ is the only high quality airline that stubbornly refuses to provide amenity kits in J, just unacceptable.
I don't believe anyone has ever touched the toothbrush and toothpaste that I have used in the SQ J toilets.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..

Glad SIA does not
Often do not like the kits given by airlines - brand or contents - some items ok ( but the rest are given away so as to cut down waste ) .
Lots of wastage otherwise but does occupy space in my luggage before I get to give away ..

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
I don't believe anyone has ever touched the toothbrush and toothpaste that I have used in the SQ J toilets.

Good grief ! Disgusting

Who would re use someone else ' s ??

Toothbrushes / paste , razors , combs , etc are all individually sealed / wrapped in the loo !!
I would often keep the ones I use if it is a long flight rather than opening a fresh one .
This is more eco - friendly & green ^ rather than having so many amenity kits .
Just a thought as I type - with the kits given at the luxury hotels I stay at , I can always use their kit .
Pick what I need from SQ at start of flight & use during flight or even those from SKL , rather than just sitting around ( or drinking - " potentially oneself silly " , we know who those are )

Looking to our next flights soon
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:00 pm

If you don't have any use for the amenity kits, why not donate them to homeless shelters or charities? When I am travelling, I collect the soaps and shampoos and kits and drop them off at various charities when I return home. They're very appreciative of such donations as the people who use them can clean up without sharing.

Hotel cleaners generally have to throw out the soaps and shampoos if they are left behind...I see kits littered in the J cabin when I exit. When not let someone else use them if they haven't been used rather than going to waste.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:48 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
If you don't have any use for the amenity kits, why not donate them to homeless shelters or charities? When I am travelling, I collect the soaps and shampoos and kits and drop them off at various charities when I return home. They're very appreciative of such donations as the people who use them can clean up without sharing.

Hotel cleaners generally have to throw out the soaps and shampoos if they are left behind...I see kits littered in the J cabin when I exit. When not let someone else use them if they haven't been used rather than going to waste.
+ 1

That ' s what I do with hotel kits too . Not only at home but charities at various destinations
Only I get to check them in rather than hauling them in my already heavy hand carry .

As for airlines , the weight of amenity kits can be allocated for other areas .
More decent snacks .
For starters , on SQ - how about more satay ? Perhaps as part of their snack menu too
Otak , assortment of curry puffs , corned beef sandwiches ..
Oh my , do not get me started
And just the thought of possibilities / substitutes !!

As for the anniversary ones , brilliant .
But why haven't I received any ?
When this this start ?
Only cookies at KIX in April

Got the teddy bears though on SIN HKG SFO .
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
I meant other amenities in there like the perfumes and creams... those are big bottles touched by other passengers.

I just don't see why it bothers SIA so much to offer even a small kit in J.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
I just don't see why it bothers SIA so much to offer even a small kit in J
Maybe because (as is somewhat evident in this thread) the majority of J pax actually don't care about the amenity kit?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:03 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
The only use I have for an amenity kit in any class is if the actual pouch/bag/case is good quality and doesn't have the obnoxiously large airline branding. I use it as a disposable toiletry bag, but other than that I don't actually use any of the items in the kit since I bring my own version of the amenity kit on my carry on (for emergencies, or if my bag gets delayed).
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:02 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
They are packaged you know?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:20 am
THR

Kits are a waste of time. I haven't even opened the last four (BA, CX, JAL, MH) I've received (and multiple of them).

If they have all that you need on the flight, the kits are a waste.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.