Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[BKK] New SKL Lounge to open on Feb 8

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2017, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by lokijuh
Asked this afternoon at the lounge in BKK, they said new lounge opening 21 March. So maybe by June ?
That is disappointing...looks like I will have to visit the EVA lounge instead
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:21 pm
TPJ
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
That is disappointing...looks like I will have to visit the EVA lounge instead
Well... welcome to Thailand
Old Mar 12, 2017, 5:13 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TPJ
They were extended to accommodate *A elites who are not impressed with TG lounges (so BR can make money on this lounge). I use it regularly for my midnight OZ flight to ICN.
Is BR lounge now open in the evenings?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:32 am

The new lounge is still not opened. According to the staff, it is now scheduled to open end April.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:10 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by vade
The new lounge is still not opened. According to the staff, it is now scheduled to open end April.
I was only half joking above when I suggested the end of June. Aaah Suvarnabhumi....
Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by lokijuh
I was only half joking above when I suggested the end of June. Aaah Suvarnabhumi....
I have a feeling you're closer to the truth than you think. When I asked the staff when the new lounge is scheduled to open, the way she answered reminds me of the way I answer when I get asked a question that I don't know the answer to
Old Apr 15, 2017, 4:03 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Any updates ?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, StarAlliance, AMEX Platinum
I am also curious about any updates. Can't find any info online about the new BKK lounge. Going there end of May.

Originally Posted by behuman
Any updates ?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by kylie79
The Eva lounge is new and pretty decent in bkk too. Only disadvantage is the short opening hours.
One of the best BKK Star Alliance lounges!!!! The only problem is the massive schlepp for 30 minutes from TG F/SQ lounges to there - shower when you get there and shower in the TG F lounge when you get back if you are doing a lounge hop!
Old May 2, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
1st visit to EVA lounge

Originally Posted by kylie79
The Eva lounge is new and pretty decent in BKK too. Only disadvantage is the short opening hours.
My flight (TG417/11APR) departed from the gates near the EVA Lounge (E or F - I can't rem.), so I got a chance to visit. It was actually a bit of a disappointment as I had heard so much about it

The lounge looked good, but Perhaps it was an off day for catering because there were no local Taiwanese food like beef noodles or lu rou fan. Just the usual chicken green curry, pineapple fried rice IIRC etc.

The wine selection was decent, but the highlight for me was the Magnum ice creme bars!

I def. wouldn't make the 30 min. trek to here if my departure gates were in Concourse A, C or D but overall it was still a decently good *A lounge ^
Old May 2, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
No updates still?

Originally Posted by raiankun
I am also curious about any updates. Can't find any info online about the new BKK lounge. Going there end of May.
I had to skip the SQ lounge last month as I popped into the EVA lounge but it looks like your are our only hope for any updates & pix

Otherwise, hang on tight till late Jun. when I pass by BKK again on my way to PEK ^
Old May 10, 2017, 2:44 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Any update on whether to SKL lounge is now open in BKK? I am passing through next week and would like to know what will be available (flying in J to SIN).
Old May 10, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: A3*G, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Work-Shy
Any update on whether to SKL lounge is now open in BKK? I am passing through next week and would like to know what will be available (flying in J to SIN).
You seem to be lucky - SQ website says tomorrow is the day

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=j2hgjlz8

Will be there in two weeks so looking forward to trying it out
Old May 11, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
I just received an e-mail from SQ advising me that the BKK lounge is now open.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: KF*G, AB*G, IBP*G, LCAH*Plat, HH*D, ONYX*Plat, BW*DS
Will be there later and post some pictures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.