Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

FlyerTalk Awards 2017 Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer benefits nominations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: In 2016, what was the best benefit of Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer?
Bonus Points
7.14%
Complimentary Upgrades
14.29%
Silver Kris Lounge Access
21.43%
Priority Check-in
0%
Additional Check-in baggage allowance
7.14%
Priority Boarding
7.14%
I nominate a different benefit – see my post below (POST YOUR SUGGESTION IN THE THREAD BELOW)
42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 3:21 pm
Administrator
Original Poster

Programs: Internet Brands

This poll will determine which benefit for this rewards program will appear on the January ballot for the 2017 FlyerTalk Awards.

Please note that once you have cast a poll vote, it cannot be changed.

You may vote in any or all of the nominations polls across FlyerTalk. Simply navigate to your favorite program’s forum and cast your vote. Links to all polls can be found here!

This poll will close December 13, 2016 at 12 noon Pacific time.

Official FlyerTalk Awards balloting begins January 17, 2017.

(Click here to see information about the Awards.)

Report a problem with this poll here.

Last edited by IBJoel; Dec 2, 2016 at 2:47 pm
Old Dec 6, 2016, 12:58 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
IMHO, the ability to waitlist for awards is the feature that makes Krisflyer stand out.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Are "Complimentary Upgrades" and "Silver Kris Lounge Access" actually part of the KrisFlyer FFP?

Also, some of the other benefits are *A perks that are not unique to KrisFlyer but apply to all FFPs across the alliance.

Bonus points seems to be the only one on the list that SQ knowingly added as a benefit.

I would like to nominate the following as the biggest benefit that I see when it comes to KrisFlyer: "Saver awards." Here we're looking at 1/2 the miles compared to a regular award, so if you are flexible with dates then you can grab a biz seat for a very generous amount of miles.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
I'd nominate the variety of inbound transfer partners. Being able to stuff an award together via a mix of Chase, Hyatt, and Starwood points is quite nice.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:50 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
KrisFlyer Saver Awards +1
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
What they said ^
Saver Awards
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
I am not sure why people should vote on standard Star Gold benefits when we are talking about what makes Krisflyer special:

- Award availability (Krisflyer is one of the very few programs that give you access to all flights in all classes)
- Waitlist for upgrades and redemptions (Krisflyer is one of the very few programs that allow both for all classes of service and all flights)
- Waitlist clearance by status (Krisflyer is extremely helpful and generous in clearing waitlist for Elite members)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.