Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

The SQ A350 - shockingly bad J-class seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SQ A350 - shockingly bad J-class seat

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by rashadik
Great, I now regret for choosing SQ for my asian flight this September, I should have stuck with QR - always amazing and comfortable flight.
I wouldn't worry. Im 6ft and have no issues at all. I got a full 10 hours sleep at the weekend.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
I'm finally going to be on one of the CX A350s soon. However only a short return flights SIN-BKK. Would I notice much difference compare with other CX J seats?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:17 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by Ausriver
I'm finally going to be on one of the CX A350s soon. However only a short return flights SIN-BKK. Would I notice much difference compare with other CX J seats?
Maybe you should ask this in the CX forum?
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:55 pm

Expertflyer shows row 11 as blocked on the flight I'm planning take and row 19 is reserved.

If I call SQ, are they able to select the assign the blocked bulkhead seats or are they only available at OLCI?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
Originally Posted by nikolask
Expertflyer shows row 11 as blocked on the flight I'm planning take and row 19 is reserved.

If I call SQ, are they able to select the assign the blocked bulkhead seats or are they only available at OLCI?
Row 11 is only available to PPS or better for pre-allocation. Not sure if this continues to OLCI time...
Old Aug 27, 2017, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by whughes3
Row 11 is only available to PPS or better for pre-allocation. Not sure if this continues to OLCI time...
Thanks. I'm about 5ft 11 and I am struggling to decide if I should go with SQ A350 or TK A330 in Business Class.

Are the non-bulkhead seats Business seats in the A350 really that bad?

Last edited by nikolask; Aug 27, 2017 at 7:06 am
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:40 am

Thanks. I'm about 5ft 11 and I am struggling to decide if I should go with SQ A350 or TK A330 in Business Class.

Well, you have to sleep diagonally and then your feet movement are restricted to that cubby. Personally i find it a little hard to sleep. SQ J seat design should be on par with SQ premium pricing.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
No its isn't.

I am taller than yourself and I have no issues.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
I had 11A for my SIN-JNB-CPT roundtrip in July/August and found the seat comfortable.

The cabin light in the forward galley was certainly an issue (first photo below) when the cabin crew didn't close the curtain after passing through (surprisingly on my flight the passengers were more vigilant than the crew) and I had to close the curtain myself a few times.

It was nice to be able to stretch out straight, rather than on the diagonal, but I just fit with a CM or two to spare (second photo below).

If they manage to sort the galley light issue that would be ^
Attached Images    
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:58 am

Got 11D / F seats for me and the Mrs. They are very nice and roomy seats, SQ service is top notch, also got a cake and bears for our aniversary, excellent experience overall
Attached Images  
1readyset2go and kaffir76 like this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:59 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Space wise, the bulkhead seats are fine (leave views on noise and light disturbance out of it). While opinions differ, I find the A350 J cabin tight overall and the seat pitch feels very "compressed" vs. 77W or A380. Even the aisle width (due to fuselage) is tight and I'm relatively lean around the waist .

Being also around 5f 11" I honestly am not comfortable in a non-bulkhead and the cubby hole for the feet is too tiny for my taste and lounge position just soso. Is it unbearable? No, but certainly not as comfy as it could and should be for the price. YMMV.
terbangalways likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 9:48 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by demue
Space wise, the bulkhead seats are fine (leave views on noise and light disturbance out of it). While opinions differ, I find the A350 J cabin tight overall and the seat pitch feels very "compressed" vs. 77W or A380. Even the aisle width (due to fuselage) is tight and I'm relatively lean around the waist .

Being also around 5f 11" I honestly am not comfortable in a non-bulkhead and the cubby hole for the feet is too tiny for my taste and lounge position just soso. Is it unbearable? No, but certainly not as comfy as it could and should be for the price. YMMV.
Rows 11 & 19 A / K are the only seats I can sit at . 19 is somewhat quieter but view blocked due to the wings .

Do not like this AC . If I have a choice of flights , I do not choose it .
No choice for SQ52

Prefer Boeings any time

The teddy bears are now red
Getting to photo later

Figuring how to post
Will have another FTer help ..

Last edited by FlyerEC; Sep 2, 2017 at 7:18 pm
Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Rows 11 & 19 A / K are the only seats I can sit at . 19 is somewhat quieter but view blocked due to the wings .

Do not like this AC . If I have a choice of flights , I do not choose it .
No choice for SQ52

Prefer Boeings any time

The teddy bears are now red
Show us the teddy...
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
certainly need the bulkhead seats.

found that i can't stretch out properly - legroom is rather crammed in the non-bulkhead seats...

haven't flown this product longhaul but i suspect it won't be as comfortable as CX herringbone product. i would even think the SQ regional J seat is more comfortable than this?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 4:19 am

Basically, if you're 5'8 or shorter, you'll be fine in the regular, non-bulkhead seats. Anything more than that and it certainly isn't comfortable as far as I'm concerned. Also, regardless of height, if you're anything larger than maybe a size 8 shoe (European 41), the cubbyhole is awkward. I do the same as the previous poster and avoid the 350 unless the bulkhead is available - which it frequently isn't for my routings.

Last edited by Phaze; Sep 3, 2017 at 7:33 am Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.