Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

The SQ A350 - shockingly bad J-class seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SQ A350 - shockingly bad J-class seat

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Both the 77W and A380 has the old seat on that route.
Old May 23, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Anything that isn't 1-2-1 is a regional J seat and doesn't go full flat. Avoid.

Having flown all the types of long haul J seats I would say that even the 2006 seat on the A380 and 77W is still an excellent seat and that flight timings should still be your priority.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by FN-GM
Both the 77W and A380 has the old seat on that route.
Originally Posted by pokfur
Having flown all the types of long haul J seats I would say that even the 2006 seat on the A380 and 77W is still an excellent seat and that flight timings should still be your priority.
I see, thanks for the help!

Can't decide what is the best flight timing now, i.e. whether I should do a red eye to have more time in Aus to do sightseeing, etc ... or whether I should do a daytime flight (but the entire day is basically wasted) ...

Last edited by shuigao; May 23, 2017 at 9:31 pm
Old May 23, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by shuigao
I see, thanks for the help!

Can't decide what is the best flight timing now, i.e. whether I should do a red eye to have more time in Aus to do sightseeing, etc ... or whether I should do a daytime flight (but the entire day is basically wasted) ...
If in F (redemption, of course ) I'd take the day flight to make most use of the experience. In J, though, it's all about the bed and rest. I'd take the redeye and maximise my time. In fact, given the short flight time SIN-MEL, I'd even eat in the lounge and skip the food onboard and sleep. But it really depends on your priorities.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 2:21 pm

Anyone know if the seats are outfitted with the two prong headphones?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:45 pm

Annoying.... 5 year olds in 19f and 19k bulkheads. I'm stuck in 22k
Old Jul 1, 2017, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
Anyone know if the seats are outfitted with the two prong headphones?
They are still the 3 prong plugs, for both sets of plugs per seat (ie 1 for power, 1 for left, 1 for right). If that is what you mean by 2 prong headphones (ie 1 standard headphone plug plus 1 for power). I do quite like the idea that they have 2 sets of headphone plugs for which position you prefer. I didn't try plugging in with my normal headphones plug as I've brought the adapter for my whole party (those using own headsets).
Old Jul 1, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by ehchan
Annoying.... 5 year olds in 19f and 19k bulkheads. I'm stuck in 22k
Oh dear, how unfortunate for you! I am short sighted so don't actually like TV to be further away. But am going to take 96A on the A380 flight LHR-SIN because I like the idea of the 1-row cabin.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:17 am

I flew SIN -> SFO the other day in 11A. Being tall (6'4" / size 15 feet), I was a bit nervous that even the bulkhead would be too small. The seat was plenty comfortable in both sit and sleep mode. Laying flat on my back, my head and feet were touching the wall, but for the most part I was fully stretched out. As a side sleeper, I had no issues getting comfortable.

If I had been in a non-bulkhead seat, I probably would have been in a world of hurt.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by twothirds
I flew SIN -> SFO the other day in 11A. Being tall (6'4" / size 15 feet), I was a bit nervous that even the bulkhead would be too small. The seat was plenty comfortable in both sit and sleep mode. Laying flat on my back, my head and feet were touching the wall, but for the most part I was fully stretched out. As a side sleeper, I had no issues getting comfortable.

If I had been in a non-bulkhead seat, I probably would have been in a world of hurt.
Interesting...I also flew back the other day in 11A SIN-SFO. I'm 5'10" (on a good day, lol). Seat was comfortable in sit mode although my feet up was against the wall where I had to bend my knees to be comfortable (with left foot in the cubby). In bed mode, I thought it was short (perhaps my head wasn't all the way back) and had to sleep at slight angle/on my side.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 6:58 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
I'm only 5"4, so height not an issue.
Flying Sin-Mun next May on this. Rows 11 and 19 showing as blocked out. Are there any other recommendations/avoid more for noise/light?
thanks
Old Aug 5, 2017, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by morepointsplease
Flying Sin-Mun next May on this. Rows 11 and 19 showing as blocked out. Are there any other recommendations/avoid more for noise/light?
thanks
19 may be where the bassinet seats are for business class, as well as gallery. I haven't taken A350 myself but I've come across a few babies on the A380 on this row. The map on the website should indicate if you're close to galley too.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by morepointsplease
thanks
Row 12
Old Aug 6, 2017, 4:20 am

SQ is unique in that it operates a type of business class seats that no other airlines operate. The angled thing can get a bit annoying but I'm not that tall so it doesn't bother me.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA - Gold, Hilton - Diamond; Hyatt - Platinum, Accor - Platinum, Marriott - GOLD; SPG - Gold;
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
177cm / 5'10'' here, and even I find the A359 J seats uncomfortable - I cannot even imagine how annoying it must be if you are 6ft plus tall!

While the finishing looks nice, the screen is also far too close to one's face now - to the point that if I almost got motion sickness simply by watching a film, and I am by no means a feeble flyer.
Great, I now regret for choosing SQ for my asian flight this September, I should have stuck with QR - always amazing and comfortable flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.