Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelling a redemption ticket

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2016, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Cancelling a redemption ticket

Am thinking of 'buying' miles on the internet but I have not done it before.
Is there any risk of the miles owner cancelling a redemption ticket (that I am a nominee for) after I have paid for it offline and the ticket has been issued?

Can the owner do that independently or does SQ need the permission of the nominee/travelling party?
Old Nov 17, 2016, 5:46 am

Yes, there is a risk.

No, you cannot stop it from happening.

This is an inherent risk with this type of arrangement. If you can find someone who has a way of transferring the miles into your account, that would be a much safer (but not completely safe, since you are breaking the T&C of the Krisflyer program).
Old Nov 19, 2016, 11:45 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by greengrass
Am thinking of 'buying' miles on the internet but I have not done it before.
Is there any risk of the miles owner cancelling a redemption ticket (that I am a nominee for) after I have paid for it offline and the ticket has been issued?

Can the owner do that independently or does SQ need the permission of the nominee/travelling party?
Even if there was no risk of owner of miles cancelling after taking your money ( which risk exists 100%), I would never get into such shinanigans as SQ will take stern action against both the seller and the buyer is they find out you had paid to "buy" the miles which is agains their terms and conditions. Do it at your own peril

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.