Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Boeing 777-300er - Milan to Singapore - best seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Hi guys,

i am going to fly in February 2017 from Milan to Singapore with Singapore Airlines.

i read that the flight is going to be operated with a Boeing 777-300er on a 3 class configuration.

Is the aircraft used on this route reconfigured with the new economy class?

What are the best seats in economy? Do aisle seats still have the IFE box under th seat in front?

Thanks!
Old Nov 7, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: *G, QR Silver
Originally Posted by Nikn
Hi guys,

i am going to fly in February 2017 from Milan to Singapore with Singapore Airlines.

i read that the flight is going to be operated with a Boeing 777-300er on a 3 class configuration.

Is the aircraft used on this route reconfigured with the new economy class?

What are the best seats in economy? Do aisle seats still have the IFE box under th seat in front?

Thanks!
I've just landed in BCN via the SIN-MXP-BCN flight on a 777-300ER.

It had the new Business Class but not the new Economy Class. According to the FAs, they don't expect to see it on this route.

The Economy seats are pretty standard. I was seated in C and didn't notice any IFE box from A to C and from D to F/G(?).
Old Nov 8, 2016, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks Benjamin,

Does the old economy look very outdated? Still comparable to Ethiad and Emirates A330 and 777?

I found the following article on Seatexperts regarding the IFE box on the 777-300er, and they mention the presence of an IFE box under seat C, D and . Is it maybe referred to older aircraft?

*All seats are equipped with AC power ports, as well as an KrisWorld AVOD (Audio Video On Demand) entertainment system, giving all passengers their personal choice of in-flight entertainment. Unconfirmed reports indicate that all Coach aisle seats (C, D, and H; the only exception is G) have AVOD equipment mounted under the seat, taking away valuable legroom.*
Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Benjamin Tan
I've just landed in BCN via the SIN-MXP-BCN flight on a 777-300ER.

It had the new Business Class but not the new Economy Class. According to the FAs, they don't expect to see it on this route.

The Economy seats are pretty standard. I was seated in C and didn't notice any IFE box from A to C and from D to F/G(?).
Hi Benjam, did the business class 773 already refitted with new seats which are same with 77W of SQ.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by coffeetoday
Hi Benjam, did the business class 773 already refitted with new seats which are same with 77W of SQ.
I think he already answered your question?

It had the new Business Class but not the new Economy Class.
New business class is SQ context usually refers to the version circa 2013. The 77W usually refers to the version circa 2006.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 11:30 am

I'm flying MXP-SIN in a couple of weeks too, but I'm not too sure this route is getting the 2013 J seats. From flightradar24, SQ is rotating between 9V-SWG/SWI/SWQ on this route, and these 3 still have the 2006 J seats.

Incidentally, SQ378's departure was delayed by almost an hour just now. Anyone happen to know why?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by Nikn
Thanks Benjamin,

Does the old economy look very outdated? Still comparable to Ethiad and Emirates A330 and 777?

I found the following article on Seatexperts regarding the IFE box on the 777-300er, and they mention the presence of an IFE box under seat C, D and . Is it maybe referred to older aircraft?

*All seats are equipped with AC power ports, as well as an KrisWorld AVOD (Audio Video On Demand) entertainment system, giving all passengers their personal choice of in-flight entertainment. Unconfirmed reports indicate that all Coach aisle seats (C, D, and H; the only exception is G) have AVOD equipment mounted under the seat, taking away valuable legroom.*
The old economy does look a little tired, but SQ usually does fine with maintenance. Not flown Etihad before, and my last flight with Emirates was quite a while ago. I never enjoyed Emirates in Y to be honest. Inconsistent service, narrow seats and that stopover in Dubai.

I'm quite sure there there were no IFE boxes from A to C and from D to (X). I always keeping a look out for those nasty things.

I slept well on the flight surprisingly. I guess I benefitted from an extra pillow my Sis passed to me from Business class which provided the much needed lumbar support on these notorious SQ A380 seats. No sore bum after the 14h 55min flight which is a win for me.

If your back is well supported throughout the flight, SQ does a good job.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by vade
I'm flying MXP-SIN in a couple of weeks too, but I'm not too sure this route is getting the 2013 J seats. From flightradar24, SQ is rotating between 9V-SWG/SWI/SWQ on this route, and these 3 still have the 2006 J seats.

Incidentally, SQ378's departure was delayed by almost an hour just now. Anyone happen to know why?
Took CDG-SIN on my way back so I'm not too sure about MXP-SIN. I'm assuming if it's the new J class seats from SIN-MXP-BCN, it should be the same back.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:45 am

If there's interest, or the correct forum to post, I have both the Y and J class menus as well.

Happy to share but just not sure how to put up images - they ask for a URL (?)
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Benjamin Tan
If there's interest, or the correct forum to post, I have both the Y and J class menus as well.

Happy to share but just not sure how to put up images - they ask for a URL (?)
Menus go here.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ction-118.html

If you want to upload an image, u need to host it somewhere (Eg. Google Images, Photobucket, Flickr etc) and post the direct link url when prompted when clicking on the image icon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.