Timeframe for points return

Old Oct 12, 2016, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Timeframe for points return

Hello --

I have a SQ F booking from MEL-SIN-HKG-SFO. I want to waitlist several MEL-SIN-FRA-JFK F routings, but I can't do that without the necessary points in my account, from what I can tell. So my plan is:

1) Cancel my MEL-SFO booking.
2) Waitlist several flights.
3) Rebook MEL-SFO.

I just called in to process the cancellation, though, and was told that it may take three weeks for the points to return to my account. That seems crazy, so I wanted to ask SQ regulars: is this true given that I have no SQ status?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 1:08 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
In my prior experience, online cancellation is usually instant, whereas cancelling over the phone will take some time however this is usually a few days, not three weeks.

I am assuming you are aware

1) There is a cancellation fee (fairly nominal) that can be paid either in cash or miles.

2) There is no guarantee of availability in re-booking your F redemption.?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by steveholt
Hello --

I have a SQ F booking from MEL-SIN-HKG-SFO. I want to waitlist several MEL-SIN-FRA-JFK F routings, but I can't do that without the necessary points in my account, from what I can tell. So my plan is:

1) Cancel my MEL-SFO booking.
2) Waitlist several flights.
3) Rebook MEL-SFO.

I just called in to process the cancellation, though, and was told that it may take three weeks for the points to return to my account. That seems crazy, so I wanted to ask SQ regulars: is this true given that I have no SQ status?
You can tell the staff that you need the miles to waitlist another booking, so you need an immediate deposit back to your account.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: Anything that still flies F
I had them expedite mine (however it was being applied to another ticket) which they said would take 24 hours, however 5 days later, my new ticket has not been issued yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.