Wiki Posts
Search

Which one is better?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Which one is better?

So I'm moving back to the US after a while in the Philippines and decided to take the less logical but far better SQ over PR (though the 600 usd fare difference also helped, seriously how can PR be more expensive than SQ... anyways).

Currently booked on a same day flight as follows
SQ 915 MNL-SIN 7:40 am→11:20 am
SQ 2 SIN-HKG-SFO 6:30 pm→10:50 pm

However, I can book the ticket to get a nice night in SG like this
SQ 917 MNL- SIN 2:15 pm→5:55 pm
SQ 2 SIN-HKG-SFO 6:30 pm→10:50 pm (next day departure)
[or take SQ 32 SIN-SFO direct on an A350]

My issue is that SQ 915 uses a 777-200 with 2-3-2 config in J which super dated and SQ 917 uses the 777-300 which uses a somewhat better J. However, longer travel times are a pain even if it is a long stop over.

Since I can re-book it for free, what would you guys choose?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:34 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat
So I'm moving back to the US after a while in the Philippines and decided to take the less logical but far better SQ over PR (though the 600 usd fare difference also helped, seriously how can PR be more expensive than SQ... anyways).
Direct non stop flights are generally more expensive, even if the product isn't as good as the non-direct option.

A350 would be my choice.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I second the A350 choice. And SQ>>PR. A more descriptive title might help as well.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Thanks for the answers, actually I wasn't comparing SQ vs. PR... I'm looking for advice on the routing for SQ... since all the tickets are the same price I can re-book them.

So stupid me should have actually titled it more on cabin product options on SQ >...<

I was thinking the A350 direct in J also but some who have taken it said they prefer the 777 version more, especially if you get the 2 row mini-cabin which I have booked now in 11A.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:33 am

(1) Stopover in SIN - Depends on whether u want to spend any time in Singapore.

(2) 915 or 917 imo doesn't really matter cuz it's only 2 hours + and that's really the appetiser compared to the main course that is the long haul flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.