1h 45min at FCO to catch SQ365

Old Sep 26, 2016, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
1h 45min at FCO to catch SQ365

Looking to test-drive FCO-SIN route on my way back from Europe.

This would be on a Sunday in October.

I'm interested in booking AY HEL-FCO arriving at 1015am.

SQ departs at 1200 noon. Would be in J on the SQ flight.

..and this would be on separate tickets most probably (will check options with TA).

Any thoughts on how I should navigate my way through FCO?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:56 pm

In my experience of FCO, highly risky. I'm a regular at that airport and sometimes, luggage can take one hour to arrive on the carousel after a flight. While the new terminal is being built, SQ often have an apron position needing a bus. Couple that with slow passport controls at FCO and I would advise against any connection less than 3 hours unless there is a luggage interline agreement between the airlines.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Separate tickets with only 1hr45min is highly risky. If you missed the SQ flight, no one will rebook you.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maestro1981
In my experience of FCO, highly risky. I'm a regular at that airport and sometimes, luggage can take one hour to arrive on the carousel after a flight. While the new terminal is being built, SQ often have an apron position needing a bus. Couple that with slow passport controls at FCO and I would advise against any connection less than 3 hours unless there is a luggage interline agreement between the airlines.
thank you for the info - it is a while since I've been to FCO, so perhaps will have to give it a miss in this case and go back via DUS.

Overall, your review does not sound too promising re this "connection".
Old Sep 27, 2016, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mediator
Separate tickets with only 1hr45min is highly risky. If you missed the SQ flight, no one will rebook you.
You're right for sure. ^

Although I would expect the TA to solve any potential issue, I have no keen interest in missing the SQ flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.