Wiki Posts
Search

*A codeshare accrual

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:42 am
Original Poster

*A codeshare accrual

Hi everyone,

I am looking at booking flights from LHR to DEN on the United website. It brings up Lufthansa and Air Canada flights as well which are actually more convenient time-wise.

Is it possible to book a LH metal flight on the UA website and accrue 100% miles as it's a K class UA ticket? I've checked the T&Cs on the Krisflyer website and it isn't definitive:

c. For tickets booked on charter flights, no miles will be earned. Individual airlines may also exclude mileage accrual on certain flights, such as code-share flights.

If anyone's tried please do let me know!

Cheers!
Old Sep 21, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
You will have an "016" ticket if you book on .bomb.
Therefore it doesn't matter the operator for the flight. It will accrue RDM based on the chart.
https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mar...es/united.aspx

---
Sorry, misread. The above only refers to crediting to UA FF program

Last edited by zebranz; Sep 21, 2016 at 11:20 am
Old Sep 21, 2016, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by koolaw
Is it possible to book a LH metal flight on the UA website and accrue 100% miles as it's a K class UA ticket? I've checked the T&Cs on the Krisflyer website and it isn't definitive
In *A it's the metal that counts. Booking a "K" fare ticket on UA.com might translate to any booking class on LH (most probably K, but it's besides the point), and you will earn according to whatever booking class LH gives you.

Since it's difficult if not impossible to know in advance how booking classes map, it's a risky game. Unless you need the 016 PQDs, book directly with LH on 220 stock.

Also, booking a LH codeshare on 016 stock will make seat selection more complicated than it needs be.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response

Sorry for the ignorance, but do PQDs translate to elite gold flying miles for krisflyer? Because I would like to fly LCY-SIN on LH or LX and being able to earn full qualifying miles to retain gold would be ideal for me.

Thanks again
Old Sep 21, 2016, 8:26 am

PQDs are something for UA, forget about them.

What you need to do is to book directly on the website of the operating carrier. That is the only way to be sure to know beforehand what booking class you will get.

If the website only offers you "K" on LX or LH (which I gather do not earn anything on krisflyer) then you can always call them and ask them to price the fare bucket you want. Your best bet is probably "T" on Swiss, which earns 50%.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by koolaw
Thanks for the quick response

Sorry for the ignorance, but do PQDs translate to elite gold flying miles for krisflyer? Because I would like to fly LCY-SIN on LH or LX and being able to earn full qualifying miles to retain gold would be ideal for me.

Thanks again
The operating carrier would be the one giving you the miles. So you need to check what booking code your codeshare flight is mapping it to be and then you will find out how many miles you will be given according to KF website.

Ignore all references to UA as you are not putting your miles there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.