Wiki Posts
Search

ReFill of Economy Saver Awards

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:30 am
Original Poster

ReFill of Economy Saver Awards

Hello Helpers,

Does anyone have experience with Singapore Airline refilling of Saver Awards? I need 4 Economy Saver tickets in July 2017 from Singapore To Sydney, but seems like there are only 2 saver awards for each flight in the whole month. I mean, Singapore Airline have 2 saver awards for most of the flights everyday, but just 2. Not even 3 awards.

My question. If I booked 2 saver awards, do you think it would open up 2 more immediately? I recall booking Thai Airways from BKK to LHR, 1st booked 4 tickets as that was the max available. 2 days later, I checked again and more saver award opened up and I booked the last 1.

Thanks
Sean
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:49 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
I don't really know the answer, but personally I would book two, waitlist two more then phone up to explain and request SQ release the waitlist.
It may be that they don't release the waitlist until much later (if at all) as their load model accuracy improves.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by sftong
Hello Helpers,

Does anyone have experience with Singapore Airline refilling of Saver Awards? I need 4 Economy Saver tickets in July 2017 from Singapore To Sydney, but seems like there are only 2 saver awards for each flight in the whole month. I mean, Singapore Airline have 2 saver awards for most of the flights everyday, but just 2. Not even 3 awards.

My question. If I booked 2 saver awards, do you think it would open up 2 more immediately? I recall booking Thai Airways from BKK to LHR, 1st booked 4 tickets as that was the max available. 2 days later, I checked again and more saver award opened up and I booked the last 1.

Thanks
Sean
Nope. SQ doesn't do "auto-refill".

Agree with the suggestion to just book the 2 then waitlist another 2 and ask the call centre to send a chaser for u, explaining the situation. You may also want to monitor the reward availability after, and some other FTers have reported seeing space avail even those they are on the waitlist for the same flight.

Also you may want to have a backup plan for the 2 tickets if in case the waitlist doesn't materialise (eg. a earlier/later flight, or book them in PE or J).
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:02 am
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by SQ319
Nope. SQ doesn't do "auto-refill".

Agree with the suggestion to just book the 2 then waitlist another 2 and ask the call centre to send a chaser for u, explaining the situation. You may also want to monitor the reward availability after, and some other FTers have reported seeing space avail even those they are on the waitlist for the same flight.

Also you may want to have a backup plan for the 2 tickets if in case the waitlist doesn't materialise (eg. a earlier/later flight, or book them in PE or J).
I would call them beforehand and ask about the load. If the flight is already quite full, the waitlist will most probably not clear, despite the chaser.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 9:36 pm

I just did a dummy request for 4 economy saver award redemption bookings and there was plenty of availability through the month of July, with the exception of the weekend of 15th, 16th and 17th as this is the end of Sydney school holidays
so the 2 morning flights were on waitlist but red eyes were available.

I was using the app for IPad.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Ryry, Thanks. You see 4 tickets, for each flight? Or is it 4 tickets for the whole day?

Singapore Airline has multiple flights every day to Sydney, and I see that most of these flights (except the 9:30 am departure) each has 2 Economy Saver Awards tickets available. When I switched to request 3 Economy Saver, non would show up.

By the way, I am using ANA Airline web interface, and Star Alliance program to book Singapore Airline.

Thanks
Sean
Old Sep 23, 2016, 5:22 pm

Hi Sean

What days did you input for your search?

I am using the Singapore Airlines app and I also checked on the Singair website itself.

That's correct that there are 4 seats available on most individual flights.

It shows that it will cost you 85,000 points (100,000 - 15% discount) and SGD$844.40 in taxes for the 4 seats.

Hope this helps

George

Last edited by ryry2003; Sep 24, 2016 at 2:58 am
Old Sep 23, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Ryry, Thanks. You see 4 tickets, for each flight? Or is it 4 tickets for the whole day?

Singapore Airline has multiple flights every day to Sydney, and I see that most of these flights (except the 9:30 am departure) each has 2 Economy Saver Awards tickets available. When I switched to request 3 Economy Saver, non would show up.

By the way, I am using ANA Airline web interface, and Star Alliance program to book Singapore Airline.

Thanks
Sean
I guess that is the problem identified. SQ may release seats closer to departure, but I wouldn't expect anything else unless you are within 7-15 days prior to departure.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: KF
It seems, your looking for Star Alliance award seat on SQ. SQ release different qouta to their own Krisflyer redemption, thats probably why you are just seeing two seats while someone can see 4 economy seats using Krisflyer redemption search.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by ryry2003
That's correct that there are 4 seats available on most individual flights.
Different scenarios here. OP should have included this information in the very first post.

Anyway sftong, why are you using ANA's tool? Are you planning to use ANA miles or some other *A carrier's miles to book your awards? If you are eventually planning to use actual KF miles (e.g. transferred from a credit card or something) then you should search directly on the Singapore Airlines website.

If you need to use another carrier's miles then I'm afraid it might be difficult to get the additional two savers awarded, because it's more likely that SQ would release them to their own KF members on waitlist rather than to you (on a partner airline).
Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Thank you shuigao and ryry. Think I better take the advice of booking with Thai Airways then, instead of Singapore Air.

I am in USA and therefore with United Airline program, which cannot see the Singapore Airline reward through UA website unless I call. Only the Japan ANA Air website can see Singapore Airline saver award as if I call UA agents.

Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.