Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Website adding miles not subtracting them?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

I see a Suites saver award available for 82,500 - but when i click on the award it tells me I owe 123,000 miles. What gives? Anyone see this happen before?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
You'll need to give us more information (like which cities you're flying from/to). But off hand it could be due to backtracking. The first initial search page prices awards according to zones. But when you click through, and the actual flights selected involve backtracking, then it prices as two separate awards.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 3:47 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Jake, Shuigao is right. I believe you might be looking at SFO-HKG in F, right? If you go nonstop on SQ1, then indeed you will only be charged 82,500 miles plus taxes. However, if you go on SQ15 and fly via ICN and SIN to HKG, then it would cost 123,250 miles plus taxes.

The Awards chart on the SQ website has a footnote which explains that the reduced mileage is only applicable to nonstop connections between the two regions you are looking at. Same principle applies to mileage for SFO-ICN and LAX-NRT.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I got it figured out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.