Search

What to do with 22000 miles?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
What to do with 22000 miles?

Hi guys,

my miles will expire soon, and I don't intend to fly to Asia in the coming months.
Any idea about what to do with my 22000 miles?

Is it possible to buy products on Krisshop and receive the products at home?

Thanks
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
If you're based in Paris, you could try to get an Economy return award on a Star Alliance carrier for 25,000 miles; I know that means getting another 3,000 miles somehow, but perhaps that's doable? Using an economy award can be a good use of miles when cash tickets cost outrageously much (E.g. Frankfurt-Geneva route or travelling around Christmas and New Year's).

Another option would be to a one-way on a *A partner from Europe to the Middle East: Yours for only 17,500 miles in economy, and again, ideally on a route that is expensive to buy using outright $$$.

I am sure there are other ways of using your miles productively through KrisShop, etc, but I'll let others chime in, as I usually only redeem my miles for flights.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 6:59 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
The reply above is right on mark.

Getting Buying gifts from airline miles is not productive at all.
All such products can be bought cheaper in the market for less cash. So not a good vslue proposition.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by HMPS
The reply above is right on mark.

Getting Buying gifts from airline miles is not productive at all.
All such products can be bought cheaper in the market for less cash. So not a good vslue proposition.
While that statement is true, we must remember that not everyone needs to travel, or wishes to manufacture a trip, just to use up the miles.

Sometimes you are stuck with orphan miles. Surely it's better to use them up for merchandise than to let them expire?

I find CX's Asiamiles programme quite good in this aspect. Lots of hotel and product choices. I tried for three years to see if I could spend the 19,9xx miles in a better way but the opportunity just never came, so they went towards a $160/night hotel stay and a $10 sim card holder.

On the other hand, to get to my Krisflyer miles, you have to pry them from my cold, dead fingers...
Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by LY777
Hi guys,

my miles will expire soon, and I don't intend to fly to Asia in the coming months.
Any idea about what to do with my 22000 miles?

Is it possible to buy products on Krisshop and receive the products at home?

Thanks
Yes you can, if you have exhausted all other options as per suggestions above. But you'll have to pay for shipping ex-SIN. Krisshopair.com
Old Sep 21, 2016, 5:01 am
Original Poster

If I want to use my miles with another star alliance carrier, who do I have to call: SQ or the carrier I want to fly with?
Old Sep 21, 2016, 5:35 am

If I want to use my miles with another star alliance carrier, who do I have to call: SQ or the carrier I want to fly with?
SQ.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks ^^
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
No you do not call SQ.

You call Krisflyer.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
No you do not call SQ.

You call Krisflyer.
My goodness, where's the smiley?

You can call SQ and press the appropriate number to connect to Krisflyer for award redemptions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.