Wiki Posts
Search

SIN-SYD options

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

SIN-SYD options

Hi,

I'm looking to fly SQ Suites between SIN-SYD in October. Will there be any major difference in the service such as lounge access or onboard food menu depending on the flight time?

I see that there are 4 daily flights from SIN-SYD and I would have to get on the A380s for the suites class. It looks like my only option then is SQ221(red eye).

For this trip, I'm want to focus on suites class experience(TPR and onboard food). If the red eye flight may impact the experience of TPR(not sure opening hours) and food service may be "simplified"(red eye?) then I might reconsider suites and may just select a B777 option.

Thanks for the valuable comments!
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:19 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Overnight service definitely not as good as daytime service in F or J. Prioritise daytime 388
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by emofeng
Hi,

I'm looking to fly SQ Suites between SIN-SYD in October. Will there be any major difference in the service such as lounge access or onboard food menu depending on the flight time?

I see that there are 4 daily flights from SIN-SYD and I would have to get on the A380s for the suites class. It looks like my only option then is SQ221(red eye).

For this trip, I'm want to focus on suites class experience(TPR and onboard food). If the red eye flight may impact the experience of TPR(not sure opening hours) and food service may be "simplified"(red eye?) then I might reconsider suites and may just select a B777 option.
Red eye flights have "supper service" and do not provide the full onboard suites experience:
SQ's "low service" First class offering.. now standard on overnight flights

Won't affect service at TPR though.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:28 pm
Suspended

On a short sector like that you won't really maximise the Suites experience even in daytime. I would wait for your next trip to Europe.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, CC Gold, AA Platinum, UA Gold
Deleted... Posted in error.

Last edited by unclemax; Aug 26, 2016 at 10:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.