Wiki Posts
Search

Krisflyer miles on codeshare Air NZ

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Kris flyer, velocity, Air NZ
Krisflyer miles on codeshare Air NZ

I booked premium economy from London to Auckland with Singapore airlines.
First sector of the flight is with Singapore airlines (SQ317) while second sector is with Air New Zealand (SQ4281). Booking class shows 'P' on both sectors.

While booking Singapore customer UK told me I'll earn 110% Krisflyer miles on both sectors plus I can book the cook on Singapore Sector (which is not working) and can also request particular seat on Air NZ sector by calling AirNZ.

However, when I emailed Singaporeair I was being told I can only earn 110% on Singapore operated flight and 100% miles on Air New Zealand operated as it equivalent to O sector.

My question is shouldn't Singaporeair put it clearly as 'O' class and making it easy for everyone or are we suppose to go into details of it.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:26 am

Hello cryshna and welcome to FT!

You just discovered the joys of codeshares. You can never be sure of the booking class mappings between airlines. If possible make sure you book always the same marketing/operating carrier.

Enjoy the PE service on NZ, I find it better than SQ's.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Kris flyer, velocity, Air NZ
Thanks Malmostoso.

I wanted to experience both SQ and NZ PE hence booked codeshare.

I wouldn't change my booking for few miles.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by cryshna
My question is shouldn't Singaporeair put it clearly as 'O' class and making it easy for everyone or are we suppose to go into details of it.
Codesharing is always a complex issue to mileage accrual to *A airlines as operating airlines control the earning. Even frequent travelers can be as confused as yours.

Unless the *A rule can be changed, there is nothing a particular airline (like SQ or NZ in this case) can do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.