SQ A350 J seats

Old Sep 22, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by vade
Will be taking the A350 in J for SIN-SFO. Which cabin would you recommend? The main J cabin or the smaller one behind? Aside from the bulkhead seats, any difference in the rest of the seats? I'm now in 22A (last row of J).
Taking this same flight which is scheduled for 15 hours and 45 minutes of flight time since I want to experience the new J product of SQ. The other option is on a 777-300ER via HKG but from what I know it still uses the old product, though I haven't really flown SQ J in a long while so I haven't tried the old product either so which do you think is worth it?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat
Taking this same flight which is scheduled for 15 hours and 45 minutes of flight time since I want to experience the new J product of SQ. The other option is on a 777-300ER via HKG but from what I know it still uses the old product, though I haven't really flown SQ J in a long while so I haven't tried the old product either so which do you think is worth it?
Based on experiencing what SQ currently refers to as "Business Class" and "New Business Class", I'd take the older product because the new version felt more cramped in flat-bed mode. And, I'm only of average height, 5'9"/177cm. I always sleep well in "Business Class" on the A380. On a 15+ hr flight, surely that has to be the most important benefit of a Business Class seat.

Last edited by Jaunt411; Sep 22, 2016 at 4:30 pm
Old Sep 22, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat
The other option is on a 777-300ER via HKG but from what I know it still uses the old product, though I haven't really flown SQ J in a long while so I haven't tried the old product either so which do you think is worth it?
SQ 2 (SIN-HKG-SFO) is operated by a variant of 77W which features the same business class product (2013 J) as the A350. The seats are (roughly) identical but the 777 cabin is substantially larger and more spacious than the A350 cabin.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by crazycrab955
SQ 2 (SIN-HKG-SFO) is operated by a variant of 77W which features the same business class product (2013 J) as the A350. The seats are (roughly) identical but the 777 cabin is substantially larger and more spacious than the A350 cabin.
Thanks for the tip, still have a few months to decide and re-booking is free + any fare difference which is not likely. Though I did check the seat map on SQ's website for my flight date and it shows that the J cabin has a smaller front cabin of one 2 rows with no Eco+ section. Does this indicate that the product is the same as the A380 one?
Old Sep 30, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: Anything that still flies F
If travelling in a pair in J on the A350 I actually heard that its better to take 1 window and 1 aisle because of how it is configured with the seat and will make talking easier. Can anybody confirm this?
Old Sep 30, 2016, 9:31 pm

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
After flying the A350 in Biz on the SIN-DUS route, I'd highly recommend Rows 14 & 15. I was in 14A and it was perfect for a solo traveler. If you are a couple you can take the 2 center seats or 1 window and 1 middle. Either way you will be able to talk with each other. Amazing plane and nicely accented hard product!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.