Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Is 1 way award: EWR to SAN stop over possible on way to OGG?

Is 1 way award: EWR to SAN stop over possible on way to OGG?

Old Aug 19, 2016, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Question Is 1 way award: EWR to SAN stop over possible on way to OGG?

I am new to SQ FF program and have an award ticket question using SQ miles to fly on UA metal. I want to fly EWR with a stop over in SAN on the way to OGG. So something along the lines of EWR - SAN (stop) - LAX/SFO - OGG. Is the SAN stop over allowed or does it need to be in a UA hub city like LAX/SFO?

Also, looking to do this on a 1 way award so I guess I can pay 17,500 miles + $100 per person for the stop over, correct?

I will try to burn my HA miles to get back from OGG to JFK.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 8:20 pm

EWR-SAN-OGG - one way request

I have good news and bad news. The bad news is no stopovers allowed on one way Star Alliance awards (therefore no open jaw either). As well there are no stopovers in N.A. when departing from N.A. More information can be found on the Star Alliance award chart and the terms and condition (further down the page at the following link) http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/ca...tner-airlines/
Now the good news is really good news if you have 35K miles and don't mind a return flight. If you start in Hawaii/Central America (includes the Caribbean) you can transit through N.A. with 1 free stopover, up to 3 more stopovers at $100.00 each. So you could fly NAS or SXM to EWR (stopover), EWR-SAN (stopover for $100), SAN-SFO (stopover for $100), SFO-OGG (final destination). On the way back you could keep it simple and fly OGG-SFO-EWR. You would also need to book an EWR-NAS/SXM but you don't have to use it. Of course you would be on your own initially to get to Nassau or St. Martin to start a vacation there.

Last edited by danno95; Sep 10, 2016 at 10:26 pm Reason: my mistake

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.