Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

TSA Pre for Singapore [updated - coming soon]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Pre for Singapore [updated - coming soon]

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
It has just been approved!
Old May 25, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
First Asian airline too.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
https://www.tsa.gov/news/releases/20...ional-airlines

SQ & TK being the big two but also some other convenient options for travelers.

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
It has just been approved!
Old May 25, 2017, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by lcpteck
First Asian airline too.
Actually, the crown of being the first going to either EY or EK.

SQ is the third.
Old May 25, 2017, 8:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by garykung

SQ is the third.
Air Transport World disagrees ;-)

"Singapore Airlines first Asian carrier to join US TSA Pre-Check"
http://atwonline.com/security/singap...-tsa-pre-check
Old May 25, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver

SQ is the third.
I guess they don't categorize by continents.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Air Transport World disagrees ;-)

"Singapore Airlines first Asian carrier to join US TSA Pre-Check"
http://atwonline.com/security/singap...-tsa-pre-check
Originally Posted by lcpteck
I guess they don't categorize by continents.
Well...is Middle East a part of Asia?

I believe those people from ATW will need to return high school for geography. Otherwise, per ATW's mindset, SQ should be the first SEA airline joining TSA PreCheck.
Old May 26, 2017, 10:49 pm

Well...is Middle East a part of Asia?

I believe those people from ATW will need to return high school for geography. Otherwise, per ATW's mindset, SQ should be the first SEA airline joining TSA PreCheck.
Middle East is not part of Europe or Africa. So if it's not part of Asia, ATW must think Middle East is a sole continent
Old May 27, 2017, 4:45 am

ATW should be commended for taking the common sense approach, rather than saying "... third Asian airline to be approved, after Emirates and Etihad" which would have appeased the pedants but would have had the majority of people scratching their heads.

On topic, this is a very pleasing development and I can only hope more airlines are approved. KE/OZ in particular, given that Korean citizens are also allowed to join GE.
Old May 27, 2017, 10:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Ha. Even Singapore Airlines themselves call themselves the first Asian carrier to have PreCheck.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/n.../ne0717-170526
Old May 30, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Lifetime Gold
Hmmm, must take a while for this to go into effect. I just travelled SFO-SIN on May 25, and didn't get precheck.

Anyone had success using pre-check?
Old May 30, 2017, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrisny2
Ha. Even Singapore Airlines themselves call themselves the first Asian carrier to have PreCheck.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/n.../ne0717-170526
This, I am not surprised...

The ego and the pride of the Republic...
Old May 30, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I'm doubting that their systems are set up on day 1 for this but I'll ask anyways.

Where you able to input your KTN on your reservation or at check-in as to signify to the TSA computers your membership for determination of getting PreCheck for that flight? Without the KTN your chances of getting PreCheck are slim to none and getting slimmer.

Originally Posted by raptor112011
Hmmm, must take a while for this to go into effect. I just travelled SFO-SIN on May 25, and didn't get precheck.

Anyone had success using pre-check?
Old May 30, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Amb, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Club Gold
I'm now seeing the ability to put the "Known traveller number" under passenger details for existing reservations. Cheers!
Old May 30, 2017, 5:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Mods - can the title of the thread be change to reflect the SIA now has TSA approval? Thanks.

Also, I forgot to post this press release directly from the TSA on May 25, 2017, but I see another poster did, Thanks

QUOTES:

WASHINGTON — The Transportation Security Administration today announced the expansion of its TSA Pre✓® expedited screening program to seven additional domestic and international carriers. Now in operation, the seven new partnering airlines are Copa Airlines, Dominican Wings, InterCaribbean Airways, Silver Airways, Singapore Airlines, Swift Air, and Turkish Airlines. Today’s announcement brings the number of airlines participating in TSA Pre✓® to 37 domestic and international carriers.

TSA Pre✓® is an expedited screening program that enables low-risk travelers to enjoy a smart and efficient screening experience at more than 180 U.S. airports. For TSA Pre✓® travelers, there is no need to remove shoes, laptops, 3-1-1 liquids, belts or light jackets..........

Full memo

https://www.tsa.gov/news/releases/20...ional-airlines

The 37 Airlines with TSA Approval"

https://www.tsa.gov/precheck/participating-airlines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.