Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Award Prices jumps in booking summary

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2016, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

SQ Award Prices jumps in booking summary

There's clearly an easy answer to this that is just eluding me. I thought it might be fun to try and book LAX-NRT-SIN-HKG and pay for a stopover in NRT and SIN. When I price this award on SQ site, it shows as 75,000 in J. When I select the award, it jumps to 91,375. So obviously they're adding 32,500 points for the SIN-HKG leg before the 15% discount. Why then does the award price for the whole trip show as 75,000, instead of the 107,500?

Also, has anyone done a double stopover trip on a one way award? It isn't anywhere on their site that this is allowed, but there seems to be a lot of reports that it is possible for $100 each stopover. Thanks for any insight!
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
The award chart for West Cost to Hong Kong clearly states it is only valid for direct flight bookings.

I'm surprised it's only 91,375, I expected it to be 119,000 - LAX - SIN (107,500) - HKG (32,500) + 15% discount.

I guess the original pricing is just a bug on the website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.