Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Deciding on Suites

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2016, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Deciding on Suites

I'm just looking for some guidance, maybe someone has a better idea. I'm planning a trip to Japan in the spring (first time outside of the country not in the desert. Woo!). I'm using Credit Card points. I have ~150k Membership Rewards and ~100k Ultimate rewards. It will be my wife and I and we are based in San Antonio, TX. My original goal was Singapore suites. However, I have to go to LAX to do so.

One way suites - 148750 points.
Two round-trip tix to LAX - ~$516
Have to decide on a way back (United economy for 2 - 70k points?)

My other options is ANA out of Houston:

Two Roundtrip business - 150000 points
Train to Houston - ~$45

Points/money wise, ANA make sense. However, After spending these points, I don't see myself having this many again for sometime. Are the suites worth pursuing, even for another 68750 points and the extra money? I'll put this question in ANA as well, as I wasn't sure where to ask. Thanks for any help you guys can give.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 12:53 pm

The A380 will no longer be on the route you want next spring. So no suites. Just go with ANA first or business which is also very nice.

Last edited by beastieb; Jul 20, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:18 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by beastieb
The A380 will no longer be on the route you want next spring. So no suites. Just go with ANA first or business which is also very nice.
+1

I've flown both SQ Suites and ANA First. Both were great, and ANA was top notch in all aspects.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.