Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Old Jul 4, 2016, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold

Following SQ's introduction of mySQupgrade I suggest we follow the example of NZ's flyers who share their experiences in bidding for an upgrade and what the outcome of each bid was, so that we can all learn from that and try to figure out what level of minimum bid would be most likely to succeed on any given route.

For this to be truly useful, could you please post the following information on your bids whenever you can be bothered to share them with your friends on FT:

1. Route (and flight number, if you want to)
2. Day of travel (Mon, Tue, Wed, etc.)
3. Booking class of original ticket booked
4. Fare / Cost of original ticket booked
5. Your bid to upgrade (Ideally in your original currency as well as SGD, for better comparison's sake)
6. Success of bid: Accepted / Rejected

Last edited by NetJets Germany; Jul 4, 2016 at 3:32 am
Old Nov 26, 2016, 9:14 pm

Programs: Marco Polo
Any success stories for bidding?

I just put up a $280 bid for an upgrade from Y to Y+ from Singapore to London.
Fare class E
Will find out tomorrow morning if I am successful... but the bid was considered very low on their meter chart.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by foiegrass
Any success stories for bidding?

I just put up a $280 bid for an upgrade from Y to Y+ from Singapore to London.
Fare class E
Will find out tomorrow morning if I am successful... but the bid was considered very low on their meter chart.
Please let us know! I got an invite to bid for an upgrade for an upcoming SIN-HKG flight, but I'll have to change the date on this one, so I haven't put in a bid. This was the first time I was invited to bid, so don't know whether SQ only just started to roll mySQupgrade out properly or if it has been going for a while now...
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Please let us know! I got an invite to bid for an upgrade for an upcoming SIN-HKG flight, but I'll have to change the date on this one, so I haven't put in a bid. This was the first time I was invited to bid, so don't know whether SQ only just started to roll mySQupgrade out properly or if it has been going for a while now...
Just an update - my upgrade offer of $280 (minimum) was rejected. Paid $2400 for my airfare from SIN to LHR, it was an E class fare.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:04 am

Just an update - my upgrade offer of $280 (minimum) was rejected. Paid $2400 for my airfare from SIN to LHR, it was an E class fare.
Did you pop by to see if PEY was full on this flight?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Mlee888
Did you pop by to see if PEY was full on this flight?
Yes it was full when I boarded!
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Yes it was full when I boarded!
Wonder what the winning bids came in at
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:03 pm

Anymore success upgrade stories to share?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:57 am

Upgraded twice on PY. SIN-MEL/MEL-SIN. A bid of $220/$225 is usually accepted
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zilchster
Sorry, did you mean your $225 bids got you upgraded from Y->PY, or PY->J?

Also, are we talking AUD, SGD or USD here?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Thats expensive
Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Sorry, did you mean your $225 bids got you upgraded from Y->PY, or PY->J?

Also, are we talking AUD, SGD or USD here?
Y to PY.

SQ does not do bid for upgrades from PY to J.

And yeah. I was charged SGD.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:25 am

Y to PY.

SQ does not do bid for upgrades from PY to J.

And yeah. I was charged SGD.
Wow that's quite cheap for an upgrade from SIN to SYD! How was the overall PY experience? Did you receive an invitation to upgrade every time you fly with them? Guess you must have really enjoyed it to have bid twice
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by akiangel
Wow that's quite cheap for an upgrade from SIN to SYD! How was the overall PY experience? Did you receive an invitation to upgrade every time you fly with them? Guess you must have really enjoyed it to have bid twice
It was the MEL-SIN and SIN-MEL sectors.

I tried the seats once when my flight was swapped to a plane which had premium economy.

I think the $200+ was well spent on overnight sectors. It is definitely much more comfortable than slumming out in Economy (unless you get a bulkhead or Emex row on economy). You get a wider seat, better recline, and makes the trip more restful overall and small compartments to store my handphone and passport, specs. And I obtained the emex row on PY so even better. Book the Cook is quite useful too though meals are just economy meals. Would request for champagne when they begin drinks service and during meals. Crew don't really proactively offer champagne.

I received an invitation once for a daytime MEL-SIN flight but I didn't bid as I don't see the point shelling out the extra for a day flight. On my last MEL-SIN flight, the cabin was full and so I didn't receive an invitation to upgrade.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Can I check for $220/$225, what is the "strength" of the bid? Is it "Fair" or "Strong"?

I am toying what is the "ideal" amount to bid? I am on Y class ticket from HKG to SIN on Easter and my friend is on PEY class ticket and will be nice if we can end up in the same cabin class.

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.