Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Flight Number - SilkAir Flight

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K - DL Million Miler - AS 100K
SQ Flight Number - SilkAir Flight

Going to be doing a rt from SIN to REP next February. Will my Star baggage allowances apply if on a SQ flight number or will I be restricted to the standard SilkAir allowances?
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
If your *G status is with SQ KF, then it will apply. Otherwise, no.

In general, for elite benefits, only the operating carrier matters. (With some exceptions I can't remember off the top of my head.)
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:53 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Yeah, its a cop out but SilkAir is not a Star Alliance carrier so generally no *G benefits on their metal. Are there exceptions when the route is shared, like SIN-BLR?
KrisFlyer however is the loyalty program for SQ and MI, so KF Gold or PPS get their perks on both carriers.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Houston Traveler
Going to be doing a rt from SIN to REP next February. Will my Star baggage allowances apply if on a SQ flight number or will I be restricted to the standard SilkAir allowances?
Only if you are connecting to/from a *A flight, in this case SQ, then you will be accorded the Priority Luggage Tag, and *A Luggage allowance. No lounge access though.

If you are just flying on Silkair from SIN to REP with no SQ connection, then you will only be Joe Blow with no status (unless you hold Krisflyer Gold status).
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by w4rd
Yeah, its a cop out but SilkAir is not a Star Alliance carrier so generally no *G benefits on their metal. Are there exceptions when the route is shared, like SIN-BLR?
No exceptions.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 5:31 am

I had a similar situation with a connecting flight in SIN with a SQ flight number on SilkAir metal. They refused the lounge access with *G. They only allow their own SQ *G members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.