Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Can you get PPS while crediting to another Star scheme?

Old Jun 21, 2016, 12:02 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance

Are you able to get the PPS on SGD 25,000 spend on SQ flights while crediting to another Star Alliance scheme, or do you need to be crediting the flights to KrisFlyer to qualify?

My apologies if this question has been answered already but I searched for an answer without success.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:01 pm

Yes. FQTS used for your status (PPS in this case) while sending your miles off to your program of choice via the FQTV field.

Historically it doesn't always work very smoothly with SQ, though.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Phaze
Yes. FQTS used for your status (PPS in this case) while sending your miles off to your program of choice via the FQTV field.

Historically it doesn't always work very smoothly with SQ, though.
I use FQTV only and it works fine for the double dipping. My PPS status tracked too automatically.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by SQFAN
I use FQTV only and it works fine for the double dipping. My PPS status tracked too automatically.
Could you explain how that works? Do you mean that you just put in a non-KF *A number into FQTV, without providing your KF number for FQTS?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 7:37 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
I have done it once by asking at checkin desk. Miles to Virgin, $ to PPS.
The agent looked a bit baffled, but the supervisor was able to handle it.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 8:19 pm

I have a KF account for which I've added the other FF details. When I check in for my SQ flight, I do not log into my account using KF credentials. Just use my other FF no to enter the details. The system picks everything up rather well.

You could also just request for FQTV only to be entered at check in.

Originally Posted by chisquared
Could you explain how that works? Do you mean that you just put in a non-KF *A number into FQTV, without providing your KF number for FQTS?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 2:32 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by SQFAN
I have a KF account for which I've added the other FF details. When I check in for my SQ flight, I do not log into my account using KF credentials. Just use my other FF no to enter the details. The system picks everything up rather well.
This only works if you aren't logged in when making the booking. If logged in, even if selecting other FFP the kris flyer number seems to over-ride.

I keep a boarding pass stub to show any new staff at check in at outstations how it should look.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:24 pm

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
This only works if you aren't logged in when making the booking. If logged in, even if selecting other FFP the kris flyer number seems to over-ride.

I keep a boarding pass stub to show any new staff at check in at outstations how it should look.
That's a good tip. I'll do that too. Thanks
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by chisquared
Yes you first get a KF account.

Then through PPS/ KF registration, you put in your preferred FFP in your account. So whenever you fly you just need to give them your KF number which will automatically link to your preferred FFP.

On your BP you will see something like :

SMITH / JOHN MR
SQ00123456789 K
UA*G

That means that your flight is registering you're crediting your SQ revenue to KF/PPS and your flight miles to UA MP ...

Once your qualify for PPS, the above 'K' will change to 'P' or 'G' (I think cos it has been a while since I was PPS.. )

SQ's Kriscom (their GDS) system will automatically search out your name when you do any booking - either online or through a OTA, and even if you don't put in your FFP, SQ will automatically append your KF number to your booking if your name matches. So its good if you can do the above - and register your preferred FFP with KF/PPS.
sabbasolo likes this.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Jun 23, 2016 at 8:56 pm
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:01 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
It can be a bit tricky when you're trying to credit SQ flights selectively. Once every few years I credit to LH M&M to keep up my Senator status, and at some stations they seem to have difficulty making the M&M number 'stick', requiring a redo (because boarding pass show wrong FF acct).

I don't change my default account information because I sometimes choose to credit each sector of a RT ticket to dif accounts. Just make sure that your boarding pass is printed with the right account reference as Guy Betsy wrote, be persistent if its wrong, and you'll be fine.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 3:58 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Yes you first get a KF account.

Then through PPS/ KF registration, you put in your preferred FFP in your account. So whenever you fly you just need to give them your KF number which will automatically link to your preferred FFP.

On your BP you will see something like :

SMITH / JOHN MR
SQ00123456789 K
UA*G

That means that your flight is registering you're crediting your SQ revenue to KF/PPS and your flight miles to UA MP ...

Once your qualify for PPS, the above 'K' will change to 'P' or 'G' (I think cos it has been a while since I was PPS.. )

SQ's Kriscom (their GDS) system will automatically search out your name when you do any booking - either online or through a OTA, and even if you don't put in your FFP, SQ will automatically append your KF number to your booking if your name matches. So its good if you can do the above - and register your preferred FFP with KF/PPS.
Other way around. With the other FFP linked to your Kris Flyer profile, select the other FFP and it will automatically credit for PPS purposes whilst mileage earning goes to the other FFP.

and the codes are

Q for PPS
T for PPS Solitaire
L for Lifetime PPS Solitaire
Old Jul 4, 2016, 11:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
How long should it take for a flight to be reflected on the PPS Club Qualification page under PPS Value?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 3:54 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

For SQ issued tickets - sometimes it is very quick, and sometimes it takes a few days.
For tickets issued by other airlines - generally a few days up to about 10 days.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 10:30 pm

Hi all - any idea what happens to Tier Miles in this situation? e.g. if I credit my miles to Air New Zealand can I earn both Airpoints Dollars and Status Points for my NZ FF while keeping the PPS value on SQ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.