Search

SQ26 SIN-FRA-JFK, leaving at FRA

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA, A3, HH, SQ, EK, CX
SQ26 SIN-FRA-JFK, leaving at FRA

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me out with this.

I booked a krisflyer redemption booking from SYD - JFK in F.
My flights are:
SQ 232 SIN-SYD
and then
SQ 26 SIN - JFK (2 hour stop in FRA)

My plans have changed and I now need to end my journey in FRA. I contacted SQ and they cannot just drop the FRA-JFK sector. I would have to rebook the entire flight. However SYD - FRA is now waitlisted.

So my question is:
At check-in at SYD am I able to check my bags just to FRA and on arrival in FRA clear immigration and forego my FRA-JFK sector ?

TIA
Old May 25, 2016, 8:53 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Very probably not. But here's a suggestion you can try, assuming this is a one-way award. Add a stopover in FRA (i.e. change the FRA-JFK leg to a later date, doesn't matter which date, just ask the call centre to find you one with availability). I believe it costs $100 on a one-way award, but that way you can retrieve your luggage in FRA, and simply throw away the ticket for the last leg.
Old May 25, 2016, 10:35 pm
Suspended

it is quite difficult condition

you have to ask sq call centre ....
Old May 25, 2016, 10:58 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Might be a struggle. You can get away with a lot of hand luggage in F...
Old May 26, 2016, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
You can't. Because there is nowhere on your ticket that says that you are going to FRA so even though the plane stops over, you can't check your bag through to FRA only.

What you need to do is to book and put yourself on waitlist on the SIN-FRA sector and tell the call centre to send a message to SQ's inventory control explaining that you only need to go FRA now. You don't need a new ticket from SYD-SIN-FRA... just put the SIN-FRA sector on waitlist. It will most likely clear as you are after all giving up the space for the FRA-JFK sector.

I don't know if that will cause a reprice for the award (most likely) and that the original ticket be cancelled and points refunded when your SIN-FRA confirms and a new ticket reissued.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.