Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ announces Prem Y available for award bookings plus other changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ announces Prem Y available for award bookings plus other changes

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2016, 3:04 am

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Hey guys,

I was planning to shift some MR or TYP and book some flights form AMS to SIN for Q1 next year. If I book this week under the old pricing will I get hit with a re-price fee later if I decide to change the ticket to another date (keep the route intact. Only change the dates? Any ideas? What is the change fee if applicable with SQ? So does it make sense to hold them? Also does anyone have experience with the Amex MR or Citi TYP transfer to Singapore how much time does it take?
Old May 18, 2016, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
There a transfer timing wiki here which might be helpful
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...points-kf.html

I'm afraid I do not know about what happens with repricing.
Old May 18, 2016, 3:12 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Pretty sure if it's a simple change of dates, i.e. no re-ticketing, the old pricing will hold. I don't believe there's even a change fee at all, especially if you do it online.
Old May 18, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cowie
Pretty sure if it's a simple change of dates, i.e. no re-ticketing, the old pricing will hold. I don't believe there's even a change fee at all, especially if you do it online.
But ticket will only be valid for one year right? So one needs to fly it before 18th of May 2017 if booked today?

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Wow. The devaluation of AMS / FCO / CPH was rather well hidden under "other changes". And only a "highly generous" week's notice to redeem at old rate.
They really should give more notice.
Old May 18, 2016, 11:47 am

This is SQ you're talking about. Be grateful they didn't pull an Alaska.
Old May 21, 2016, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by maestro1981
What happens if you want to upgrade your Sydney-Rome flight? SQ222 has Premium Economy and SQ366 doesn't. Do you upgrade from Economy to Premium or to Business? Or will you have to do two separate upgrades? Could this be a big problem with connecting flights when one flight has Premium and the other not?
Would appreciate if any one has any answer on this. Planning to buy Y on MEL-LHR for Dec and the upgrade to J. Checking SQ website, the only options I have is Economy Flexi Saver and Economy Flexi. I am planning to upgrade all legs to J but with PY available on SIN - LHR leg, will that mean I can only upgrade to PY? There is no option to buy PY fares on the MEL - LHR route....
Old May 24, 2016, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by natbam
Would appreciate if any one has any answer on this. Planning to buy Y on MEL-LHR for Dec and the upgrade to J. Checking SQ website, the only options I have is Economy Flexi Saver and Economy Flexi. I am planning to upgrade all legs to J but with PY available on SIN - LHR leg, will that mean I can only upgrade to PY? There is no option to buy PY fares on the MEL - LHR route....
Yes This is an absolutely huge oversight from Singapore Airlines! If you wish to upgrade connecting flights, even though they offer it on their chart, on some routes, you no longer can (to NEITHER premium, nor business) if one flight has premium seats and the other doesn't
Old May 24, 2016, 4:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Anyone having problems with searching for awards on SQ's site now?

I'm putting SIN - LHR J Redemptions in the search, but it's giving me "There is no ZONE info defined for this itinerary" error for pretty much every date I try.
Old May 24, 2016, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao
Anyone having problems with searching for awards on SQ's site now?

I'm putting SIN - LHR J Redemptions in the search, but it's giving me "There is no ZONE info defined for this itinerary" error for pretty much every date I try.
Had the same problem last night. But now it seems to have been fixed
Old May 27, 2016, 3:26 am

Is it really correct that if there is a Premium economy class available, you can't upgrade from Economy to Business?

I have to purchase the ticket under economy. Is there any way to upgrade to Business using miles?
Old May 27, 2016, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Seattle1
Is it really correct that if there is a Premium economy class available, you can't upgrade from Economy to Business?

I have to purchase the ticket under economy. Is there any way to upgrade to Business using miles?
Yes It means that people on many connecting flights (eg. Brisbane to Paris) can no longer upgrade at all in one redemption. It's ridiculous and one reason after flying 20 years with Singapore Airlines, I've just status matched and made my first long-haul booking with Etihad yesterday.

Only if there is no Premium Economy on that flight, otherwise, unfortunately not anymore.
Old May 31, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, HH G, IHG P, Hyatt P
I am confused why people are saying there was no devaluation to F. From what I understand (and I just started looking at rates today), NYC->Frankfurt->Singapore used to be 93,500 miles one way. Now by their updated charts it is 110,000 one way. I even searched on their site and the saver buttons said 220,000 total per person round trip. But when I clicked them the miles I was short by were calculated using what I believe to be the old redemption rates.
Old May 31, 2016, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by ENycSea
I am confused why people are saying there was no devaluation to F. From what I understand (and I just started looking at rates today), NYC->Frankfurt->Singapore used to be 93,500 miles one way. Now by their updated charts it is 110,000 one way. I even searched on their site and the saver buttons said 220,000 total per person round trip. But when I clicked them the miles I was short by were calculated using what I believe to be the old redemption rates.
Have you deducted the 15% discount for booking online which brings the 110,000 miles back to 93,500 miles or is it definitely an increase of 16,500 miles from previous bookings.
Old May 31, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, HH G, IHG P, Hyatt P
I wasn't aware of the 15% discount. That would explain why it said 220,000 miles per person on the saver flights but then was saying I was missing less miles than that. False alarm, nothing to see here....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.