Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Premium Economy - anyone used it?

Singapore Premium Economy - anyone used it?

Old Oct 2, 2016, 5:12 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Ah could be. I didn't even look into whether PEY was available when I booked. There were only about 12 or 14 of us there so perhaps too many for upgrades (only two names, mine included, announced before boarding though), though anything's possible with SIA! Bad sales pitch though as I doubt the food & drinks cost saving they made would balance a worse impression for many potential customers. But I suppose they have their statisticians who make these calls on a more solid evidence base...
Old Oct 2, 2016, 5:58 pm
THR
Original Poster

We definitely had plentiful champagne and excellent, attentive service on our PEY flights. So it seems highly unusual that you did not.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 3:02 am

I had the same experience on my flight from HKG to SIN on 29th September. Plane was a A350 and I also could choose the Seat in PE - but only got the Y Service there. Headphones where also from Y. The booking itselfs says Y instead of PE.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 6:03 am
THR
Original Poster

I wouldn't be judging an experience or complaining about it if it's a Y price for a PEY seat, even without the other enhancements.

Perhaps let's talk about the genuine PEY experiences.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 1:00 am

Programs: Krisflyer
I'm interested to hear both types of report - presumably when they run PEY as a regular Y service this means that they had no bookings at all for PEY (or at most one or two that were upgraded to J). Not good news for SQ and it makes me wonder if they will decide not to roll out PEY on their new planes. Also makes me wonder who gets moved to the PEY seating. At the time I was KFES but only 150 miles short of KFEG, so not sure whether it was by seniority or random.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 3:55 am
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
Flight to Europe on PEY was I would say OK. As previously highlighted by other posters, it is mainly about the space, the rest is probably not worth the additional money.

The food is exactly the same as economy. Yes there is champagne but you have to ask for it. It was not on the trolley nor was offered to me. The service is of course SQ good but still the same as Y.

As for the seat, you get more space but the width is actually not very different from Y. The leg-rest is small and kind of useless. The recline is OK, not more.

My point is that it certainly a plus over Y and worth a few hundreds dollars more but I wouldn't make 100% premium for such product, which is the price on many long haul destinations. If you can, use miles in C, it's definitely more worth it.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:38 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
The problem is ex-SIN the prices for PEY are ridiculous. If you really want to travel direct on SQ then just book Y and pay the nominal extra for a preferred seat. Otherwise fly J on a ME3 carrier for the same price as PEY on SQ...
Old Oct 18, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Volasia
Flight to Europe on PEY was I would say OK. As previously highlighted by other posters, it is mainly about the space, the rest is probably not worth the additional money.

The food is exactly the same as economy. Yes there is champagne but you have to ask for it. It was not on the trolley nor was offered to me. The service is of course SQ good but still the same as Y.

As for the seat, you get more space but the width is actually not very different from Y. The leg-rest is small and kind of useless. The recline is OK, not more.

My point is that it certainly a plus over Y and worth a few hundreds dollars more but I wouldn't make 100% premium for such product, which is the price on many long haul destinations. If you can, use miles in C, it's definitely more worth it.
But I am confident that the champagne you refer to is sparkling wine in PEY. A friend of mine who was a stewardess on SQ told me that they serve the cheap stuff sometimes and people don't know the difference.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cmdsea
The problem is ex-SIN the prices for PEY are ridiculous. If you really want to travel direct on SQ then just book Y and pay the nominal extra for a preferred seat. Otherwise fly J on a ME3 carrier for the same price as PEY on SQ...
I agree, Y in SQ is good enough.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 5:23 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
But I am confident that the champagne you refer to is sparkling wine in PEY. A friend of mine who was a stewardess on SQ told me that they serve the cheap stuff sometimes and people don't know the difference.

it's actually champagne on SQ PEY, not sparkling wine. Ernest Rapeneau according to this trip report.

http://milelion.com/2016/01/25/singa...emium-economy/
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Any recommended seating for A359 PE? I'm currently in 32A as the bulkhead and aisle seats are blocked.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Mix booking for PE

Finally I managed to book BKK-SIN-HND rountrip on PE, well it is mixed class as there is no PE on SIN-Bkk.

The website keeps complaining that it cannot booked the mixed class even it shows the price.

But the strange thing on the final page of the confirmation, it shows
"As a Krisflyer member, this booking could earn you up to 0 KrisFlyer miles ..."

​​​Also, in the e-ticket it shows earning 75%. The booking is a mix M+P and the fare basis is P93THR.

Will I really only earn 75% miles instead of 100%?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.