Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Premium Economy - anyone used it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Premium Economy - anyone used it?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2016, 3:07 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Has anyone flown PEY to LHR fairly recently? Did they issue you a fast track card for immigration upon arrival? (Or, if you could use the EU gates, did you notice if they issued those cards for anyone else?)

I vaguely remember it being sold as one of the benefits of flying PEY, but I can no longer see it on the website. I've also read reports of them not having been given to some passengers flying PEY into LHR.
Old May 30, 2016, 3:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sqyf
Good news! PEY awards are now available for redemption.

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg...news/PEY-annc/
i am gonna try it to LHR

as i know premium economy has large tv screen and bigger leg room so it will be more comfortable
Old May 30, 2016, 4:02 am

Fast track in economy? No, of course not.
Old May 30, 2016, 10:31 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG
Originally Posted by willythomas561
i am gonna try it to LHR

as i know premium economy has large tv screen and bigger leg room so it will be more comfortable
Hopefully not on redemption. Just expect more of a Y+ configuration than a business seat(think US Domestic F with a little less width)
Old May 30, 2016, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Phaze
Fast track in economy? No, of course not.
Well, no, not exactly. Premium economy, not economy. (Though you do get fast track security flying out of LHR even when flying in Y if you're flying *A and are *G.)

Here's a trip report that mentions getting a fast track card while flying into LHR in PEY.

I am pretty certain it used to be advertised as a benefit on the SQ website, but it seems to have disappeared since then. Anyone know if it's been enhanced?
Old May 30, 2016, 10:21 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by chisquared
Well, no, not exactly. Premium economy, not economy. (Though you do get fast track security flying out of LHR even when flying in Y if you're flying *A and are *G.)

Here's a trip report that mentions getting a fast track card while flying into LHR in PEY.

I am pretty certain it used to be advertised as a benefit on the SQ website, but it seems to have disappeared since then. Anyone know if it's been enhanced?
That chap is *G though, so we can't be sure if he received the benefit via his status, or by flying PEY. Anyway I decided to ask a couple of contacts in SQ, and this is what they said.

LHR -- it's only given out to Suites, First and Business passengers, according to procedure. PPS (and possibly *G) might get it if the IFS decides so, or if they ask for it.

BKK -- First and Business pax and PPS

Australia -- Suites, First and Business pax + PPS + *G

So it's different for every station.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:26 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
I flew into LHR in Y as *G last month and did not receive fast track inbound.
Outbound LHR-SIN all *G get the FastTrack treatment which is a nice benefit.

To be honest I fly a lot in Y and have never received a FastTrack card for landing.
Old May 31, 2016, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by w4rd
To be honest I fly a lot in Y and have never received a FastTrack card for landing.
Well, yes. That much is clear: you don't get a Fast Track card upon arrival at LHR when flying in Y (except perhaps if you're TPP, or maybe even QPP). I fly into LHR a lot in Y as well, and I've had the same experience as you have.

I'm more curious about people's experiences arriving into LHR flying in PEY.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:05 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Has anyone flown PEY to LHR fairly recently? Did they issue you a fast track card for immigration upon arrival?..
Two weeks ago. Wasn't given anything but then, I did not ask and they may have known that I have a European passport.

Immigration was worse for us though as a computer problem crippled the automated gates and we had to wait for the fix.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 5:21 am
Suspended

Well, yes. That much is clear: you don't get a Fast Track card upon arrival at LHR when flying in Y (except perhaps if you're TPP, or maybe even QPP). I fly into LHR a lot in Y as well, and I've had the same experience as you have.

I'm more curious about people's experiences arriving into LHR flying in PEY.
It's not my first hand experience; but a *G(UA Platinum) friend of mine flying PEY/W on 306 received a fast track card.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by expatOWflyer
It's not my first hand experience; but a *G(UA Platinum) friend of mine flying PEY/W on 306 received a fast track card.
Cheers, expatOWflyer. Do you know how recently your friend made this trip?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 11:43 am
Suspended

Cheers, expatOWflyer. Do you know how recently your friend made this trip?
About 2 months ago. FWIW she was with her 12 year old during the short school break ; so I would assume that there was a fair bit of leisure pax. I wouldn't count on receiving one any other time
Old Jun 6, 2016, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by expatOWflyer
About 2 months ago. FWIW she was with her 12 year old during the short school break ; so I would assume that there was a fair bit of leisure pax. I wouldn't count on receiving one any other time
That's unfortunate, but I'm inclined to agree.

It's too bad; I swear could I remember fast track arrivals at LHR being touted as a benefit when the details of SQ's PEY offering was first announced, which seems to be consistent with people's experience with it. (i.e. Some older reports of having been issued fast track arrival cards, but more recent ones saying none was given.)

Less than a year old and already getting enhanced.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 7:32 am

Just flew PEY to SFO a few weeks back. Found the seat a little too hard for my liking. BTC quality wasn't great either.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by cowie
That chap is *G though, so we can't be sure if he received the benefit via his status, or by flying PEY. Anyway I decided to ask a couple of contacts in SQ, and this is what they said.

LHR -- it's only given out to Suites, First and Business passengers, according to procedure. PPS (and possibly *G) might get it if the IFS decides so, or if they ask for it.

BKK -- First and Business pax and PPS

Australia -- Suites, First and Business pax + PPS + *G

So it's different for every station.
PPS do get FastTrack into LHR, even without asking.

IFS last year was also kind enough to also issue one to my companion, who was non-PPS and non-*G.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.